RESOLVED: ESP-IDF version and sdkconfig

RobMeades

RESOLVED: ESP-IDF version and sdkconfig

Postby RobMeades » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:24 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered here but the search box is currently returning server error 500 for me so I'm asking again...

Since ESP-IDF is pre-built as a library for Arduino I need to know the version of ESP-IDF source code it was built against and the contents of the SDKCONFIG file it was built with: how do I determine those things?

[Reason for asking is that I have C code which works perfectly fine when I build it with ESP-IDF but hits a stack canary panic when I run the same code built through Arduino so I would like to check (a) what the code looks like when the panic occurs (components/freertos/queue.c:1466) and (b) how much stack/heap etc. ESP-IDF was built with.]
Last edited by RobMeades on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ullixesp

Re: ESP-IDF version and sdkconfig

Postby ullixesp » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:29 pm

A bunch of helpful commands:
https://github.com/espressif/arduino-es ... sp32/Esp.h

ESP.getSdkVersion() gives identical answer to: esp_get_idf_version()

RobMeades

Postby RobMeades » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh, OK, thanks. I was hoping to get a Github link or some such out of the Arduino IDE since I don't actually have any Arduino code, just C code (I'm trying to supply a bunch of C code as a library that can be used by Arduino users) but I guess I could write some!

RobMeades

Postby RobMeades » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Aha, I see that returns IDF_VER and IDF_VER is in fact passed to the compiler:

-DIDF_VER=\"v4.4-dev-2313-gc69f0ec32\

...and https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/commit/c69f0ec32 is a valid commit. Sorted!