Any way to get something like UXGA "RGB080" data out?

Lot6North

Any way to get something like UXGA "RGB080" data out?

Postby Lot6North » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:16 am

I am working with the ESP32cam with the ov2640, using it to capture an image of a fluorescence signal that shows up in the green channel. Blue channel is excitation background light that I don't want, and I need maximum image resolution. I could use a hardware filter and then GREYSCALE but would prefer not to add a component if I can do it in software. If I use GREYSCALE without a filter the B&G data will get intermingled and my S/N ratio will be poor.

I understand from elsewhere here that UXGA RGB888 is not possible to acquire due to the memory requirements.

Some sort of UXGA "RGB080" (i.e. only reading the G and throwing away the R/B data) would do what I need - is that possible? It seems like there might be a way to do it by manipulating the white balance i.e. WB multiplier 010 and then GREYSCALE only contains green data, WB 100 and it only contains red etc. Is there a way to do that as UXGA?

Alternatively, I saw elsewhere a request to enable windowing. Exposure length is not a significant constraint, so for example I could capture the image as 4 separate quadrants (or sets of lines in RAW format), pull those 4 smaller images out as RGB888, and then reconstruct an RGB888 UXGA image. Is that possible?

Finally, if those options do not work, is there any way to stream the raw data as bits or line-by-line either over WiFi or onto an SD card, so I could reconstruct the full image on a more powerful machine elsewhere?

thanks