ESP32 softap program in Arduino

Kishore

ESP32 softap program in Arduino

Postby Kishore » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi,
Any reference to develop ESP32 softAP program in Arduino to set wifi ssid,password.

Thanks
R.Kishore.

martinayotte

Re: ESP32 softap program in Arduino

Postby martinayotte » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 pm

The WiFiManager from ESP8266 could probably be ported in ESP32 with minor changes such includes of some headers where names are different, such as ESP8266WiFi.h replacd by WiFi.h ...

gdsports

Postby gdsports » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:12 am

An unofficial port for ESP32 is available. WiFiManger depends on other libraries but there are unofficial ESP32 ports for the dependencies.

https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager/issues/241

aswin_vt

Postby aswin_vt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 am

Hi,
Is there any known issue while using softAP and GPIO together. I am having trouble in interfacing different sensors with ESP32 when the softAP is enabled, none of my GPIO pins are responding to input values. The same program worked fine when configured as wifi client which connects to an available AP.
Last edited by aswin_vt on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kolban

Postby kolban » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:51 am

I haven't heard of any issues in this area. Can you elaborate on the concept of none of your GPIOs are responding to input. Are you saying that when you read a value, the value read doesn't match your expectation or are you saying you have registered interrupt triggers and the interrupts don't appear to be firing?
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

aswin_vt

Postby aswin_vt » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 am

kolban wrote:I haven't heard of any issues in this area. Can you elaborate on the concept of none of your GPIOs are responding to input. Are you saying that when you read a value, the value read doesn't match your expectation or are you saying you have registered interrupt triggers and the interrupts don't appear to be firing?
The value read doesn't match my expectations. The problem was with the ADC channel that I've been using, it was ADC2. I've used all the ADC2 pins to read the sensor values but I didn't try ADC1 channels before posting the issue here. After I've opened an issue in espressif/arduino-esp32 in GitHub (https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/issues/953) one user helped me to understand that there are some problems while using the ADC2 channel with wifi. Changing to ADC1 solved the problem though, but I didn't understand the actual problem yet.

And thanks for your reply. I've used your Arduino BLE library for ESP32, thanks for your contributions.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:27 pm

'The actual problems' are actually pretty simple: the WiFi driver also needs access to the ADC for some specific WiFi-internal measurements. In order to allow both the WiFi-drivers and the user program to access ADC2, we need to have some architecture going: for instance, you wouldn't want to have an user-driven ADC measurement blocking a time-critical WiFi measurement. We still need to figure out how to do this and implement a feasible multiplexing solution; until we have, ADC2 effectively is off-limits while WiFi is operational.

aswin_vt

Postby aswin_vt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:'The actual problems' are actually pretty simple: the WiFi driver also needs access to the ADC for some specific WiFi-internal measurements. In order to allow both the WiFi-drivers and the user program to access ADC2, we need to have some architecture going: for instance, you wouldn't want to have an user-driven ADC measurement blocking a time-critical WiFi measurement. We still need to figure out how to do this and implement a feasible multiplexing solution; until we have, ADC2 effectively is off-limits while WiFi is operational.

Oh, now I get it thanks for your reply.