can i use esp32 in industrial environments?

feredy2011

can i use esp32 in industrial environments?

Postby feredy2011 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 am

hi guys.
i want use esp32 (program with arduino) for control several relay board (ac loads and induction loads) . but some body told me esp32 is very High noise level and i can not use this for AC loads...
is this true ? how i can use this for industrial environments?

feredy2011

Re: can i use esp32 in industrial environments?

Postby feredy2011 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 am

there is nobody for help ! :(:

novalight

Postby novalight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 am

Hello, could you maybe precise the question a bit?
We are using the ESP32 in an industrial environment successfully. But we took some measures (e.g. galvanic isolation, power filtering etc.) to prevent the ESP32 from being disturbed. It all really depends on the application and whether you can keep harmful interference away from the pins.

feredy2011

Postby feredy2011 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:22 pm

novalight wrote:Hello, could you maybe precise the question a bit?
We are using the ESP32 in an industrial environment successfully. But we took some measures (e.g. galvanic isolation, power filtering etc.) to prevent the ESP32 from being disturbed. It all really depends on the application and whether you can keep harmful interference away from the pins.

hi thank you for answer.
i want use esp32 for control 10 channel relay that cannect AC loads (my loads is Induction) and have a EMI strong noise(when 10 channel on/off together Simultaneous)
before i use arduino with esp8266 but after some time (when together on/off) arduino was freeze and i must to reset arduino...
i used some filters , ferrite beads , separate power and etc.... (for relay use Opto-coupler,diod and etc. . .)
but AVR ....can not drive 10relay Simultaneous . (sometime freeze)
i want know esp32 is better than arduino nano about noise or not ?
can i use this for drive 10 channel relay ...? thank you

-Rudy-

Postby -Rudy- » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:29 pm

How you are implementing you solution is just as important as the parts you are using. If I were given the ingredients to make a gourmet dinner I would not be able to produce a gourmet meal as an experienced chef could. The layout of the components and the wiring needs to be carefully considered.

Bhanuka92

Postby Bhanuka92 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:58 pm

There is a modular ESP32 for Industrial IoT applications, can check at https://norvi.lk/norvi-iiot/

NORVI IIOT is based on ESP32 that allows a rapid integration with industrial sensors, actuators. It has added reliability and ready for industrial environments.

I have installed few for monitoring machine performance with a simple webserver.