esp32 wrover-e CAN/TWAI issues?

litespeed

esp32 wrover-e CAN/TWAI issues?

Postby litespeed » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:21 am

we've designed a new board around the wrover-e SoC which includes a SN65HVD23x CAN transceiver. I've been testing the board with existing CAN firmware (which works with various older test boards based on the wrover-b), however the new board does not communicate with the older boards. When I analysed the signal coming from the new board with the scope, the output is very strange (see attached), where there is a large slew rate. The odd thing is, that if I connect two new boards, despite this odd signal, they are able to communicate with each other, however the new board does not communicate with any other board and it is not possible to decode the signal using a logic analysier.

I have seen that espressif has changed the CAN reference to TWAI in more recent products and there seems to be new libraries for TWAI. Are the newer chips (for example wrover-e series) not compatible anymore with the older CAN libraries? Did something change with the embedded CAN controller? Anybody else face these issues and find a solution?

Thanks for the help.

regards, Yoshi
Attachments
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG (5.44 MiB) Viewed 1054 times