esp32 type

kamranibadov

esp32 type

Postby kamranibadov » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:23 am

Dear all,

I am a novice and seeking your guidance regarding purchasing an ESP32 board. I am wondering which type of ESP32 board would be most suitable for my project requirements.

In addition, I am interested in knowing whether there is an official ESP store site or authorized suppliers, such as Aliexpress, that you could recommend. I have noticed that many of the boards offered on Aliexpress appear to be cloned versions, which raises concerns about their compatibility with ESP Rainmaker.

Your advice and insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Kamran Ibadov

jgustavoam

Re: esp32 type

Postby jgustavoam » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:43 am

Hi Kamran,
I suggest starting with the simplest and most common ESP32 on the market. There are a few module manufacturers, but they all use the Espressif Chip. Choose the model that is in the nearest store, for example.
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... vkitc.html
Retired IBM Brasil
Electronic hobbyist since 1976.

noweare

Postby noweare » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:48 pm

I would purchase the board made by espressif to start. I use the ESP-32 DevKit C and have not had any problems.

kamranibadov

Postby kamranibadov » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:51 am

noweare wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:48 pm
I would purchase the board made by espressif to start. I use the ESP-32 DevKit C and have not had any problems.
Can you share the store link?

noweare

Postby noweare » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Sorry did not get notified of your response.

If your in the U.S. I get my boards from Mouser.

lbernstone

Postby lbernstone » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:57 pm

There are development boards sold through the Espressif storefront on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/D27D ... 12898178EF

corz.org

Postby corz.org » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:14 pm

I would go to AliExpress and buy a few different boards from different sellers based on user feedback. For under £10 (or regional equivalent) you could get two or three boards to play with. Spend £20 and get four or five.

I have had ZERO problems with any of my boards from Ali. And I know from experience with other products bought from AliExpress, if I do have problems (like receiving an ESP8266 board instead of an ESP32) I can get a quick refund 100% of the time.

Until you "play" for a bit, you won't know what's-what. You have "general" requirements, being a novice, so would be best buying *any* board that you can afford. Cheaper is better, so long as you can get to at least 30 pins. If you don't have breadboard, get some, or else a shield/breakout board to go with it.

I recommend some boards that I have personally worked with, as well as their pros and cons in the comments here:

https://corz.org/public/scripts/ESP32/S ... erator.ino

If you tell us what you are looking to do; specifically; you will get better recommendations. At the end of the day, a basic WROOM32-based dev board is good for most applications and can be had very cheaply.

Search on Ali. Order the results by "Orders". Check the user comments and then just buy something.

That's the most important thing. Until you have something to play with, you won't really know what you need.

Good luck!

kamranibadov

Postby kamranibadov » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 am

Dear all,

I would like to express my gratitude to each and every one of you. I am writing to inform you that I have recently bought
an ESP WROOM 32 device, which is performing perfectly.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,