cannot select esp board

butchalline

cannot select esp board

Postby butchalline » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:50 pm

I am using Win 10, fresh install of Arduino IDE 1.8.4 and Git "Steps to install Arduino ESP32 support on Windows".

My problem is that in step 6. In the IDE under tools > board, there are NO ESP boards to select.

Board info =
BN: Unknown board
VID: 10C4
PID: EA60
SN: Upload any sketch to…

In step 3 After Git.exe finishes, I get the following:
esp tools file list.JPG
esp tools file list.JPG (21.05 KiB) Viewed 13036 times
In step 4 "Plug your ESP32 board and wait for the drivers to install (or install manually any that might be required)" there was no wait or indication that drivers were installed. I have no clue as to what drivers might manually be installed.

Any and all help appreciated.

avr4you

Re: cannot select esp board

Postby avr4you » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I have the same system configuration and found that there is no Installation of drivers on my system. (WIN10/64BitPro)
If i plugged in the ESP32 Dev Board, a new COM Port comes up. In my case: COM5 but that could differ.
I followed also the instructions on Github and in my Arduino IDE i have the new boards. See attachment.
Then i loaded a sketch from the libraries/wifi directory, compiled and uploaded the sketch without any modifications.
I had only to choose the right COM Port.
But after uploading, i saw no output in the serial monitor, because it seems that the serial monitor window is hidden on my system?!
I see that there is an additional window but i can't select it. Strange.
But then i started Putty to access the serial port and i have the expected output.
I think at first the needed boards must show up in your IDE.
espressif2.PNG
espressif2.PNG (33.4 KiB) Viewed 12959 times
espressif.PNG
espressif.PNG (31.22 KiB) Viewed 12959 times