WROVER (v3) LCD not working with i2c

Reefhermit

WROVER (v3) LCD not working with i2c

Postby Reefhermit » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I cannot seem to write to the LCD display and read values from three devices on the I 2C bus at the same time. Individually the devices work fine and values can be displayed on the serial terminal. Also, the graphics example program works fine. Combining the two does not work. I can create an instance of the wrover_kit_lcd (wrover_kit_lcd display) but if I initialize as in [display.begin()] the values returned by the devices on the i2c are garbled.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Reefhermit

Re: WROVER (v3) LCD not working with i2c

Postby Reefhermit » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Just as a follow up, I figured out what the problem is. The LCD is using Pin 21 and Pin 22 for the LCD.

I have tried everything my expertise in programming, which is limited, allows to change the SDA and SCL to different pins but have had no luck.

Any help on this front would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

-Rudy-

Postby -Rudy- » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm

I don't know if you found a solution yet, but I have had to modify a device's library files when I had the same problem.

jdiazg

Postby jdiazg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 am

I have the same problem; i have two codes, one for two I2C sensors, and works fine; I have a code for the LCD and also works fine. When I mix them, the LCD initializes properly, the sensors give valid data, but they can not be displayed at LCD. I guess that is not a problem of SDA/SCL lines, since at the begining, the LCD works, then the sensors supply the right values, and they can not be displayed, the LCD remains with the initialization displayed. Even a short piece of code that scan the I2C chain, blocks the LCD. I have readed that SD card has a similar problem with the LCD, and the problem is line GPIO21, but in this is case is not shared with I2C.
Any idea? May be a power supply problem?

Thanks

Juan

jdiazg

Postby jdiazg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:59 am

-Rudy- wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm
I don't know if you found a solution yet, but I have had to modify a device's library files when I had the same problem.
I have used this:

#define SDA 23
#define SCL 19

and

Wire.begin(SDA,SCL);

Doing so, you can assing the lines