Hunting down the error: guru meditation error: core 0 panic'ed.

idahowalker

Hunting down the error: guru meditation error: core 0 panic'ed.

Postby idahowalker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 pm

For me the guru meditation error: core 0 panic'ed occurs once every several hours, after the addition of my last 2 tasks.

Running ESP32 and freeRTOS.

With freeRTOS, I am using the xTaskCreatePinnedToCore function.

So the fisrt thing I did was move one of the two newest functions over to the other core; from 0 to 1. I also made the tasks variables volatile. Whiles a 2nd task accessed the variables it did not modify them but *shrug* gotta try something.

Now I wait. In the mean time if anyone has any ideas, I all 'ears', errr I mean eyes.

ESP_igrr

Re: Hunting down the error: guru meditation error: core 0 panic'ed.

Postby ESP_igrr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am

You can try this documentation page, it explains more about various exceptions. Perhaps you can use the backtrace and core dump features to find the place in the code where error happens.

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... rrors.html

idahowalker

Postby idahowalker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:28 pm

ESP_igrr wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am
You can try this documentation page, it explains more about various exceptions. Perhaps you can use the backtrace and core dump features to find the place in the code where error happens.

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... rrors.html
I have managed to belay the number of times the error is happening by improving my code through the addition of (freeRTOS) semaphoremutex. Also, at this time the code, with the meditation error doing a reboot recovers as if nothing happened and the number of times the error happens has been reduced.

I have read over and bookmarked the link you posted. I will use the info provided in the link as I work on eliminating the error. Right now the error is only happening over the course of many hours and lots of waiting for it to happen again is on order.

Thanks for the link.

idahowalker

Postby idahowalker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm

What does this mean :" [V] esp32-hal-i2c.c:1387] i2cSetFrequency(): Fifo threshold=9" ?

idahowalker

Postby idahowalker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Update.

From the link, as posted above, I was able to determine that a null pointer to a structure was being given as the error message. With 3 queues on core 0, I, changed, one at a time, each queue sending a copy of the queue instead of a pointer. I am now left with one queue pointer on core 0 that has given me, finally, the guru meditation error. Now I am working, on the one queue that is using a pointer to a structure on core 0, on eliminating the error.

As a note: There are 3 structures on core 1 being passed by pointers, core 1 has not shown to have a problem.