all IDF header files are found, except the files in ~\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include

chromebin

all IDF header files are found, except the files in ~\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include

Postby chromebin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm

I added a line to my list of include files:

Code: Select all

#include "wifi-task.h"
#include "esp_event_loop.h"
#include "esp_wifi.h"
#include "tcpip_adapter.h"
#include "lwip/ip4_addr.h"
#include "apps/dhcpserver/dhcpserver.h"			// <== added
The added line fails with `fatal error: apps/dhcpserver/dhcpserver.h: No such file or directory`.

The file exist, and Eclipse finds it correctly (no additional configuration was necessary), at:

~\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include\apps\dhcpserver\dchpserver.h
I'm stumped, as the other includes are found, and I see no reason for this file to be different (it is a part of the same IDF).

This is on a recent IDF4.0.

As said, I'm stumped and this is a blocker right now, as googling didn't result in addressing the real issue (all other files work, only this file doesn't).
It seems I can't get to any file in the `C:\msys32\home\user\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include` folder. Now why is that, given this is a part of the IDF and other files in it are found?? Something broke in the IDF? How do I resolve this?

WiFive

Re: all IDF header files are found, except the files in ~\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include

Postby WiFive » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:49 pm

Did you try

#include "dhcpserver/dhcpserver.h"	

chromebin

Re: all IDF header files are found, except the files in ~\esp\esp-idf\components\lwip\include

Postby chromebin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm

WiFive wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:49 pm
Did you try

#include "dhcpserver/dhcpserver.h"	
WiFive, you're my hero, that works!

Now I'm scratching my head, as the IDF actually seems to follow a different rule than the instruction that says to add the `include` folders, like `${IDF_PATH}/components/lwip/include`, to the Eclipse paths. So I still think there is a bug here.

Or maybe my Eclipse should have been configured correctly, from the start, but wasn't. Because it all depends on instructions to humans and a body of knowledge they are sure to NOT have.