Disable BT frequency hopping for testing?

dsmith115

Disable BT frequency hopping for testing?

Postby dsmith115 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Hello,

We are making a product using the ESP32 in BT classic mode and undergoing testing for FCC approval. The testing lab has requested the ability to disable frequency hopping with BT so that it can transmit on a single, arbitrary frequency at a time.

I have reviewed the ESP32 documentation, API and examples and I have not seen anything like this. Some different IC modules have the ability to operate the radio as a generic 2.4 GHz device (so that they could transmit just GFSK), but I don't think the ESP32 has this capability. The AT command firmware also doesn't appear to have this capability either.

Is there a special manufacturer mode, API or firmware that makes this possible?

Reviewing the test reports for the ESP32 on the FCC's website seems to indicate all testing was done in normal BT modes.

ESP_Alvin

Re: Disable BT frequency hopping for testing?

Postby ESP_Alvin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 am

Hi dsmith115,

You could refer to the attached picture and use HCI command to enter test mode and disable frequency hopping with BT.

If you have any further questions, you could also write a mail to sales@espressif.com, thanks.
Attachments
_thumb_19958.png
_thumb_19958.png (20.95 KiB) Viewed 4076 times

dsmith115

Re: Disable BT frequency hopping for testing?

Postby dsmith115 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. I started down this path of using the HCI commands, but found that this tool is exactly what I need:

ESP32&ESP8266 RF Performance Test Demonstration
https://www.espressif.com/en/support/do ... ther-tools

Figures the solution would be right in front of me! :lol: