PCB (or commercial product) with ESP32 + Power Supply + Relay

micklebt

PCB (or commercial product) with ESP32 + Power Supply + Relay

Postby micklebt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi all... basically think of a SONOFF relay.

Does anyone know of an existing product which combines on one board a power supply (110 (220 optional)) PLUS an ESP32 PLUS one (or two) on-board RELAYS?

Does anyone know of an existing PCB for the combining the same? DIY or purchased?

It seems to me this is a very compelling product that is a natural seller! :idea:

Many thanks!

WiFive

Re: PCB (or commercial product) with ESP32 + Power Supply + Relay

Postby WiFive » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 am

Not yet, there are not really any end products shipping yet with esp32 inside that I have seen. Probably itead will do "sonoff pro" or something with esp32 eventually. Olimex board has relays but not AC/DC and not in production yet.

ammaree

Postby ammaree » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm

To make the above product an absolute commercial hit, I would suggest the following additions:
  • Preferably 2x 110/220VAC relays 10A rated
    Support circuitry with connectors for 2 x Current transformers (2/5/10/20A spec) wired to 2 ADC inputs
    Support circuitry for 110/220VAC monitoring wired to 3rd ADC input
    Battery charger circuitry and connector for small LiPO battery, (with optional small solar panel input)
    Either onboard basic accelerometer + ambient light + barometric + humidity sensors
    AND/OR provision for extended the I2C bus off-board to use external sensor breakouts.
Now if this becomes available there could be an order for at least 10x from me to start with..

micklebt

Postby micklebt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:22 pm

I agree with all of your technical improvement recommendations. Count me in for 10 immediately as well!!

I just found this by Jorge Garcia on Tindie. It is exactly what I have in mind. Admittedly, off-the-shelf SONOFF devices will be cheaper, regardless of which ESP model is used. Patience will probably be worth it for the money, but Jorge deserves some credit (and sales) for a great product as well!

https://www.tindie.com/products/jorgega ... board-kit/

Very nice product. Wonder if the ESP 8266 connector would be a simple swap out with identical ESP 32 form and function?