EZSBC esp32 dev board spi pins?

ESP_Sprite

Re: EZSBC esp32 dev board spi pins?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:55 am

Well, you're posting on the forum of the chip manufacturer, but have questions about development boards not made by us and libraries that we did not make - while the forum is open for questions like that, the amount of support we can give you for this is limited.

Duhjoker

Postby Duhjoker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:33 am

Do you have any programs to test my board with? I've done a few spi tests but the arduino IDE serial monitor says image not accepted. Also when I upload to the board it goes to hard resetting after uploading and stops. Is that normal or should I be waiting for something else.

And I apolagize I'm just grasping at straws here. And I was given the impression it was completely compatible out of the cellophane.

Ddebeer sent me a link to Iotuz master which I'm working on now.

But yea if you have some tests that I can run that would be great?
Fear is the mind killer.......

GameR the DIY iot gaming device that does more......
https://github.com/Duhjoker/GameR-Iot_ESP

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 am

I don't do too much with Arduino, but the plain esp-idf has an spi-master example controlling an ILI9341 LCD. Maybe you can use that to see if your hardware works?

rmetzner49

Postby rmetzner49 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 am

The SPI is a bit tricky to get working. I started with an ESP32-Thing and found when I had CS sitting on pin 2 like their Arduino Example, I couldn't upload a sketch. I was using the RA8875 with Adafruit's driver. Do a little more research on the SPI bus and how it works. If you examine how the IL9xxx drives it, it's expecting an SPI Instance called VSPI. That instance maps to pins 18=CLK, 19=MISO and =MOSI. The SPI Instance "attaches" itself to those pins, but you have to MANUALLY tell it which CS to use. I finally had success with CS=5 which made the calls below. Since SPI doesn't know about RESET, you can put anything in there. You also have to make SURE you are including ESP32-hal-spi.h to tweak it to the Arduino world.

#define RA8875_CS 5

// Make instance of Display Screen
Adafruit_RA8875 tft = Adafruit_RA8875 (RA8875_CS, RA8875_RESET);
// And also Touch Controller