First post, BLE and LORA data collection and presentation, aggregating/storing data?

KATL21

First post, BLE and LORA data collection and presentation, aggregating/storing data?

Postby KATL21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi all-

Please feel free to point me to other forums or resources, as appropriate - I wasn't sure where to start.

I purchased a handful of ESP32 dev boards, and also some standalone BLE temperature beacons

My ultimate goal is to collect event ongoing temp data from up to 6 locations and graph it on a cheap/generic Android tablet on the wall

I found a site that talks about collecting BLE beacon data with the ESP32, which gets me partway there. I realize I may have to use more than one ESP32 just for data collection as one located centrally may not be able to hear all the beacons.

That means I need to forward all the data over my network to a central location - should that be a web database? local database? flatfile? Can it be collected directly on the android tablet or should I store it elsewhere?

Where I can learn more about my design choices for aggregating and storing data in a way that will also be friendly to my later efforts to present the data on a tablet in graphical form? I'd rather have a good idea of what I'm programming before I start :)

Thank you!!

chegewara

Re: First post, BLE and LORA data collection and presentation, aggregating/storing data?

Postby chegewara » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm

KATL21 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 pm
That means I need to forward all the data over my network to a central location - should that be a web database? local database? flatfile? Can it be collected directly on the android tablet or should I store it elsewhere?

Where I can learn more about my design choices for aggregating and storing data in a way that will also be friendly to my later efforts to present the data on a tablet in graphical form? I'd rather have a good idea of what I'm programming before I start :)

Thank you!!
Its up to you what backend you will chose, it may be some database, sqlite, mysql, postgre etc You can use mqtt, websockets or html as transport protocol etc. esp32 is very flexible, all depends on your imagination and skills.
For beginner user good option may be raspberry pi with node red running on it as backend/container, but againg, it all depends on your skills.