ESP32 Flash Download Tool V3.8.5 didn't send the reset command after the download

chadpham75

ESP32 Flash Download Tool V3.8.5 didn't send the reset command after the download

Postby chadpham75 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:05 am

Hi all,
Could you please give me some pointer? Or make the comment to see if you see this problem and how to get around it?

When I developed my firmware, I used the idf.py script and flash the unit, after the firmware upgrade the script will send out the hard reset command which will help to reset the ESP32.
For example:

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...
Done

However, when I tried to use the ESP32 Flash Download Tool V3.8.5, once the download is finished, there is no reset command sending out.
Is there check box somewhere so the downloader tool can send out the reset command?
Thank you so much for your help.

maldus

Re: ESP32 Flash Download Tool V3.8.5 didn't send the reset command after the download

Postby maldus » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:07 pm

I downloaded V3.9.2 and I'm facing the same issue. It would be helpful if I could avoid phisically turning the power off and then on again after loading the firmware.