How to change icmp-echo example to use a fixed IP address

Zingemneire

How to change icmp-echo example to use a fixed IP address

Postby Zingemneire » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi all,

One more question for the road: I am trying to use the icmp-echo example to issue a ping to a fixed IP address (192.168.100.100) from a fixed IP adress ( 192.168.100.1 ).
I know the target can be pinged because I can test it from my laptop and I get a reply from the target.

I manage to build, flash and monitor the example and it goes to the point where it reports "example_connect: Waiting for IP(s)". At least that is what it reports in case I have disabled the IPV6 connection using idf.py menuconfig. In case IPV6 connection is enabled it just reports "example_connect: Ethernet link is up", then reports something about a local IPV6 address and stops there.

I think the first thing it reports has something to do with waiting for an IP address from a router or hub but I don't have anything like that. It is simply a port to port connection between two ethernet devices: an ESP32-Ethernet-kit-V1.2 and an IOT device so I need a fixed IP adress for the ESP32 device to work with.

Can anyone suggest how I can tackle this or better yet: point me to a location where I might some documentation on how to do it?