One error happen when compiling the example of ulp

tony2simmy

One error happen when compiling the example of ulp

Postby tony2simmy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:36 am

After i using the command ‘make app’,one error happen.I don't know how to solve it. Do the compile system have some mistakes?
// Error log
CC ulp_example_main.o
ULP_BIN ulp_main.bin
E:\Aithinker\13_Aithinker_IDE\AiThinkerIDE_V0.5\cygwin\home\aithinker\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin\esp32ulp-elf-objcopy.exe:/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main/ulp_main.bin: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/cygdrive/e/Aithinker/13_Aithinker_IDE/AiThinkerIDE_V0.5/cygwin/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/components/ulp/component_ulp_common.mk:55: /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main/ulp_main.bin] Error 1
make: *** [/cygdrive/e/Aithinker/13_Aithinker_IDE/AiThinkerIDE_V0.5/cygwin/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/make/project.mk:386: main-build] Error 2

ESP_igrr

Re: One error happen when compiling the example of ulp

Postby ESP_igrr » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:44 am

Could you please post:

1. the output of make V=1
2. the contents of /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main

tony2simmy

Postby tony2simmy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 am

ESP_igrr wrote:Could you please post:

1. the output of make V=1
2. the contents of /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main
The output of 'make V=1
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/xtensa-debug-module'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/xtensa-debug-module'
Target 'xtensa-debug-module-build' responsible for '/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/xtensa-debug-module/libxtensa-debug-module.a'
make -C /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main -f /cygdrive/e/Aithinker/13_Aithinker_IDE/AiThinkerIDE_V0.5/cygwin/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/make/component_wrapper.mk COMPONENT_MAKEFILE=/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/main/component.mk COMPONENT_NAME=main build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main'
esp32ulp-elf-objcopy -O binary ulp_main.elf /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main/ulp_main.bin
E:\Aithinker\13_Aithinker_IDE\AiThinkerIDE_V0.5\cygwin\home\aithinker\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin\esp32ulp-elf-objcopy.exe:/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main/ulp_main.bin: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/cygdrive/e/Aithinker/13_Aithinker_IDE/AiThinkerIDE_V0.5/cygwin/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/components/ulp/component_ulp_common.mk:55: /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main/ulp_main.bin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main'
make: *** [/cygdrive/e/Aithinker/13_Aithinker_IDE/AiThinkerIDE_V0.5/cygwin/home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/make/project.mk:386: main-build] Error 2

the contents of /home/aithinker/down_git_esp-idf/esp-idf/examples/system/ulp/build/main
./component_project_vars.mk
./embed_bin
./pulse_cnt.ulp.d
./pulse_cnt.ulp.lst
./pulse_cnt.ulp.o
./ulp_example_main.d
./ulp_example_main.o
./ulp_main.common.d
./ulp_main.common.ld
./ulp_main.elf
./ulp_main.h
./ulp_main.ld
./ulp_main.map
./ulp_main.sym

FYI.

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 am

Hi Tony,

Do you only get this error when building the ULP example, or you get an error when building other examples?

What build environment are you using? ESP-IDF build system only supports using MSYS2, as described in the docs here. This example builds for me in the MSYS2 build environment we provide with IDF.

It looks like you may be using a different Cygwin environment? Can you provide any details?

Cygwin paths (like /home/xxx) are only supported by Cygwin programs, and the ESP32 & ULP toolchains are MINGW programs not Cygwin. We do some tricks inside the ESP-IDF build system in order to convert paths to the correct formats, but it's possible if you're using a Cygwin environemnt (ie Cygwin version of "make", etc) then it may not be converting them properly.

Angus

tony2simmy

Postby tony2simmy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 am

ESP_Angus wrote:Hi Tony,

Do you only get this error when building the ULP example, or you get an error when building other examples?

What build environment are you using? ESP-IDF build system only supports using MSYS2, as described in the docs here. This example builds for me in the MSYS2 build environment we provide with IDF.

It looks like you may be using a different Cygwin environment? Can you provide any details?

Cygwin paths (like /home/xxx) are only supported by Cygwin programs, and the ESP32 & ULP toolchains are MINGW programs not Cygwin. We do some tricks inside the ESP-IDF build system in order to convert paths to the correct formats, but it's possible if you're using a Cygwin environemnt (ie Cygwin version of "make", etc) then it may not be converting them properly.

Angus
All example are OK, except ULP example.
My build environment is Cygwin.
In your opinion,the attached (https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp32ulp-el ... b4f341.zip) is only used for MSY2?

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 am

tony2simmy wrote: All example are OK, except ULP example.
In your opinion,the attached (https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp32ulp-el ... b4f341.zip) is only used for MSY2?
It's not only used for MSYS2, but it's a MINGW executable which is different to Cygwin, and means it can't resolve Cygwin paths. I am guessing the "make" you are running is a Cygwin make, so "make" is resolving Cygwin absolute paths - which the toolchain cannot understand.

We only officially support MSYS2 for ESP-IDF, but if you can give me more details about your build environment (can I download it somewhere?) then we may be able to help you resolve this issue.

(Alternatively, you can recompile the entire toolchain for Cygwin. But I do not recommend doing this, it's tricky to do and the resulting toolchain will be slower.)

tony2simmy

Postby tony2simmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 am

ESP_Angus wrote:
tony2simmy wrote: All example are OK, except ULP example.
It's not only used for MSYS2, but it's a MINGW executable which is different to Cygwin, and means it can't resolve Cygwin paths. I am guessing the "make" you are running is a Cygwin make, so "make" is resolving Cygwin absolute paths - which the toolchain cannot understand.

We only officially support MSYS2 for ESP-IDF, but if you can give me more details about your build environment (can I download it somewhere?) then we may be able to help you resolve this issue.

(Alternatively, you can recompile the entire toolchain for Cygwin. But I do not recommend doing this, it's tricky to do and the resulting toolchain will be slower.)
Hi Angus,
I download the SDK from 'http://wiki.ai-thinker.com/ai_ide_install'.It use Chinese to describe.