esp-idf openssl problem choosing cipher suite

eques1995

esp-idf openssl problem choosing cipher suite

Postby eques1995 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:24 pm

For a project I need to change the usable cipher suites to only one specific cipher suite to be able to test the differences between the different cipher suites. Now I am trying to do this with openssl and the method ssl_ctx_set_cipher_list. However, when I use this method, I always get the following warning:

Code: Select all

C:/msys32/home/T_LVMR/esp/openssl_client/main/openssl_client_example_main.c:65: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list'
I only changed the example as provided on https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/bl ... ple_main.c with one extra line of code to choose the cipher suite. I changed it like this:

Code: Select all

ESP_LOGI(TAG, "create SSL context ......");
    ctx = SSL_CTX_new(TLSv1_1_client_method());
    ret = SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx, "HIGH:!ADH:!MD5:!RC4:!SRP:!PSK:!DSS"); /* This line is changed!!! */
    if (!ctx) {
        ESP_LOGI(TAG, "failed");
        goto failed1;
    }
    ESP_LOGI(TAG, "OK");
I have searched for answers, but I can't seem to fix this error. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I already checked the implementation files of openssl that are contained in the esp-idf repo, but I see that the method is only available in the header file, but it is not implemented. I tried to use the full openssl c file, but this does not work. I am working on a windows 7 laptop and with an esp32 Thing.