ESP32 Cam Overheating

Rakib Mallik

ESP32 Cam Overheating

Postby Rakib Mallik » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:55 am

I'm currently working on a project with ESP32 cam.
After getting my ESP32 cam I tried some sketch and they worked.
My project is video streaming Robot(Inspired from Random Nerd Tutorial ) . Project link https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-c ... eb-server/
Only difference is I've added two pwm( analogWrite) pin ( 1,2) to the code to control speed of dc motors.
After I uploaded the code and assemble all parts and power ESP32 cam it worked for a while and stop working.

Then I found Voltage Regulating part of ESP32 Cam is generating too much heat.
First I thought it's power supply problem . So, I tried different source of 5 volt power.
Then, I thought it's voltage regulator's problem. And, I tried regulated 3.3 volt from my ftdi. But, I found my ftdi get hot.
So, I thought the problem is in the code and I tried to reset the ESP32 cam. But, after tryin a lot I'm unable to reset the code. It starts heating when I plug it. I tried pressing the reset switch first and then plugging but it also did not work. I triple checked everything . I didn't found any mistake. ( the board is totally fresh. I didn't use any soldering . There is no loose connection)

What can I do now? Is my ESP32 cam dead? Please help me if you can.
Thanks in Advance

Marin49

Re: ESP32 Cam Overheating

Postby Marin49 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm

We use the esp32 work with a camera sensor to transeive the image.As well we don't have the specially equipment to messure the temperature of the esp32,Walgreenslistensbut it was really much high we have to do something to reduce the temperature like coolant. Because our product is so small that we must control the dissipate heat of the esp32.Is there any good suggestion to solute it?