ZERAPI

Postby ZERAPI » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:56 am

1. Concerning the ESP32 CAM (DM-ESP32 S version)WiFi does not work and returns this message:
  2. “E (25829) wifi:AP has neither DSSS parameter nor HT Information, drop it”
  3. when launching the Web server program (example provided with the library). The “scanner networks” sketch works perfectly, it sees all active networks but returns this error on only one server. Do you have any idea about this error?
  4. Thank you in advance for your help.
  5. Best regard

IndigoSamuels

Re: message: has neither dsss parameter

Postby IndigoSamuels » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:33 am

Ive been programming and watching the ESP32 monitor for years now and I just now today 01/03/23 started seeing this error message in my serial monitor.. "E (19331) wifi:AP has neither DSSS parameter nor HT Information, drop it" ... Im only using ESP NOW so I do Wifi.begin() but feed it an incorrect AP and password name... as I have been doing for over 4 years now... Im just adding to a program Ive been using for at least a year...I noticed the blue LED flashingy synchronically like once per second and sometimes a little faster and it was doing that for a few days that I noticed, I gave it alot of thought but had to finish what I was doing... but my thoughts almost immediately went to I Robot when they were getting an update... did the ESP get some kind of backdoor update through ESP Now... is there a way for someone to remotely update it without having the Update API and a server based post function... is there some kind of hidden SSH which can be accessed through ESP NOW like a backdoor botnet type thing? I have to ask and I need to know because I cant sell any product based on ESP with those doubts...

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:41 am

Sounds like there's a weird access point that popped up in the neighborhood of your devices that sends out odd-formed beacon frames, so the ESP is refusing to use it.

IndigoSamuels

Postby IndigoSamuels » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:28 am

Ok...that could be the explanation.. also crossed my mind some kind of wifi scanner/sniffer was working just want to absolutely make sure before I go further with devices based on ESP... I was getting weird things happening in the airbnb i was at anyway.. like the Hisense TV had a quick pop saying it was switching to content sharing mode and I reset the TV (actually had a reset button next to the power button) and it popped up another time so I figured one of three things 1) airbnb owner was trying to spy 2) someone in the neighborhood got into the wifi and was trying hack.. neighbors shared wifi but didnt seem computer savvy... or maybe the TV and the ESP were trying to connect to each other somehow...my one issue with the explanation is I was using ESPNow only and Only transmitting not receiving except for the ack from the ESPNow receiver so I would expect to see the issues on other ESP configs connected to Wifi...also I would only transmit every 3 seconds and I saw msgs inbetween those periods... I just have my suspicions about products made under the CCP in general so Ive always wondered but I like the features of the ESP like ESPnow so its a difficult position because I want to use it but Im not a security expert but i need my devices to be secure with no backdoors.. has there been third party professional IT or hacker level security/white hat testing of the product anyone can point me to please?

mkostersitz

Postby mkostersitz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:23 am

I am seeing this on a ESP32 CAN board when connecting to a Phone Hotspot of an Android phone. Is that expected? Any workarounds?