Trouble writing new partition table

Josh_T

Trouble writing new partition table

Postby Josh_T » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Hey, I am trying to specify a custom partition table to use the entirety of our 16MB flash chip, so I want to expand the size of the nvs partition to 12MB.

I created the custom .csv and specified its location in menuconfig, where I also updated the app start address and saved the sdkconfig file. Next, I run "make partition_table" which generates the binary partition table from the custom csv. when I run make and flash the esp32, the chip gets stuck in a reset loop when it hits nvs_flash_init_custom()

I've played with the order, size, and offsets in the default singleapp_partition table to get a custom csv which typically look something like

Code: Select all

# Name,   Type, SubType, Offset,  Size, Flags	
phy_init, data, phy,     0xf000,  0x1000,
factory,  app,  factory, 0x10000, 1M,
nvs,      data, nvs,     ,  	  12M,
I do get the following warning when exiting menuconfig..." /sdkconfig:84:warning: symbol value '' invalid for PHY_DATA_OFFSET" , and in sdkconfig CONFIG_PHY_DATA_OFFSET is confirmed to be blank, and is overwritten when ever make is invoked. Note: the phy init offset was kept to the default location. Seems there is a config file somewhere I am missing, or maybe something is off in my project structure that is messing with make?

Josh