ESP32-S3 Supply question

kyle-rhds

ESP32-S3 Supply question

Postby kyle-rhds » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:11 pm

I’m trying to obtain some information regarding the new ESP32-S3 chipset. Hopefully this is the right forum section to ask this question. Utilizing your product selector on the Espressif website, I was able to see that the ESP32-S3R8 and ESP32-S3R8V chipset marketing status is listed as being in mass production. However, looking at the modules that utilize these chips are only listed as ‘sample’ under marketing status. I would be most interested in the following modules and their IPEX antenna variants:

ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N16R8,
ESP32-S3-WROOM-2-N16R8V
ESP32-S3-WROOM-2-N32R8V

However, looking at some of the major distributors in the United States, Mouser / Digikey, I see that there seems to only be availability for the following modules, (mouser link - https://www.mouser.com/c/embedded-solut ... S3-WROOM-1)

ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N8R8,
ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N8
ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N8R2

My question is, is there an official timeline for a larger product release that a person can expect to see stock from US distributors where I know I can source those parts? I tried looking through your official press releases, but I was unable to find anything that might indicate when to expect stock in those parts. I see that some parts are coming in on the 27th of this month for mouser, which looks promising, but unfortunately none of the higher flash size modules seem to be coming anytime soon. I’m assuming this is just supply chain limitations due to the global shortage, but is any official word on expected module availability? I'm looking at using the the ESP32-S3-WROOM in a new design and wanted to make sure that in the coming months and or year, I would be able to source these parts.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!