Converting Arduino Project to ESP-IDF Project

Vamshi007

Converting Arduino Project to ESP-IDF Project

Postby Vamshi007 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:05 am

Hi Team,

We are working on Arduino IDE Project and Successfully running our application. In our Application we used like WiFi, BLE, BNO086 IMU, BMX160 IMU etc.. using I2C Interface. Now we need to convert the entire Arduino INO file to ESP-IDF Project and it should build without errors. Is that possible to do ?
Help us any possible ways are available to do this.

Please guide me for the documentation/process to do that conversion as above. I will be available for the more info if required.

Any help would be very thankful.

username

Re: Converting Arduino Project to ESP-IDF Project

Postby username » Wed May 11, 2022 5:39 pm

I too think some document on this topic would be greatly helpful.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu May 12, 2022 1:23 am

You can more-or-less compile an Arduino project inside ESP-IDF by including Arduino as an ESP-IDF component.

simplediyguy

Postby simplediyguy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:03 am

Not that simple but it's possible. I did-it because I needed options that weren't enabled in Arduino. You need to add Arduino as component then add libraries installed using library manager one by one. You also need to set the partitions if you use SPIFFS, that's the easy part. I ported a pretty complex project with many libraries and worked just fine so I posted my journey here: https://simplediycircuits.wordpress.com ... to-part-1/ if somebody find helpful. Maybe it could be done better, some things I used I don't know much about them, just googled how to use them but this worked for me.