Is there any Andoid or Windows app that can use to test the udp_perf example?

samsam

Is there any Andoid or Windows app that can use to test the udp_perf example?

Postby samsam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I install Hercules on Windows and UDP Sender/ Receiver on Android, and I'm trying the udp_perf example with the default settings: station, client, receive, 4567 udp server port, but with those 2 apps cant send back any data to esp32 as both applications require IP and port of the "receiver" i.e. the esp32 client. The esp's IP is not problem to get, but the port become problem as doesnt work neither with 4567 nor 0 from either of those 2 apps.
From what I see from the udp_perf example code: there is no explicit port definition for the udp_client, so the corresponding app that suppose to communicate with udp_perf example should perform an UDP server and I guess get the ip and port for response from the datagram of the packet received before from the UDP client (in our case udf_perf example with the default setting)?
Is there any such app that could do this or I need to code and the partner communication app in order to run this example (with the default setting)?
Thanks

samsam

Re: Is there any Andoid or Windows app that can use to test the udp_perf example?

Postby samsam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 am

For all who eventually have or will have the same problem as myself - This is the example I used to build a server to test udp_perf example from the esp-idf framework.
Android Datagram/UDP Server example

Actually I didn't need to test performance - just connection and some simple data exchange, so the example worked almost "out of the box", but if you need to test the performance - just add some simple cycle to send more data or same data multiple times ;)