I can't inject compiled code into ESP32

alexzarp

I can't inject compiled code into ESP32

Postby alexzarp » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:55 pm

I'm trying to inject code compiled by Arduino IDE into ESP32, but it's not possible. On the first board (ESP32), I was returning errors like

"A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Wrong boot mode detected (0x3b)! The chip needs to be in download mode."

, varying the hex returned depending on whether I was pressing the boot button or not! That's right, even pressing the boot button cannot inject the compiled code. Now, on the second board which was basically virgin (new) I was able to inject the code the first time without problems, but from the second time onwards, it returns the error

"A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received."

even pressing the boot button! It happened with both boards, during the process, a blue led lit up, which I don't know the meaning of yet. How can I solve this problem? I'm waiting!

The operating system I'm working on is Ubuntu 20.04, on Arduino IDE, "Kit" board DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1, USB port ttyACM0.
Attempts like disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable at both ends were not effective, test the cable to determine if everything is ok, restarting the Arduino IDE was not effective.

alexzarp

Re: I can't inject compiled code into ESP32

Postby alexzarp » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm

Apparently I already have the answer: Insufficient power. Thank you all for the attention! How can I make up for this lack of energy? So it still doesn't work!

noweare

Postby noweare » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:52 pm

This isn't the arduino forum where you can expect 5 responses in the first 15 minutes. I see you have barrel jack on that board. Maybe use that to have more power available.

mbratch

Postby mbratch » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:54 am

alexzarp wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm
Apparently I already have the answer: Insufficient power. Thank you all for the attention! How can I make up for this lack of energy? So it still doesn't work!
Some missing information...

How are you providing power? Is it just via the USB connection to your PC? The ESP32 board has USB, yes? So when you plug it in are you connecting to that USB connector? Have you tried downloading your program just to the DOIT board without it being attached to the base board? Where did the base board come from? Is it purchased from somewhere, or did you develop it yourself?

alexzarp

Postby alexzarp » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:56 am

I'm trying to supply energy through a source connected to the socket, through this base, which provides enough energy in theory, but I still can't use the esp32 connected to the base and its components, I can only compile it independently (DOIT). The esp32 has the normal serial USB, while the base only has usb (C and micro) for power, in addition to the power input for the source. The board was purchased from (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295954 ... pt=glo2bra)