The reception performance of WiFi?

roctwo

The reception performance of WiFi?

Postby roctwo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:47 am

A esp32 module, as the WiFi of station, used as the UDP client,used for send data. A esp32 module as the WiFi of the AP,used as the UDP server,used for receive data.Two esp32 modules make up the WiFi LAN, not the extranet.And there are no other devices in this network.I have already set the maximum number of WiFi receive buffers.
Each packet sends 1440 bytes data.I've confirmed that every packet sent by the sender has been sent successfully.However, the rate of failure received by the receiver is almost 1%.I compare smart phone as receivers,the rate of failure received by the receiver is almost 0.002%.
Is it because of differences in the performance of the main CPU that result in differences in reception?
Is it because the communication performance of the esp32 module is inferior to that of the wireless card module of the smart phone?
How to improve the reception performance of WiFi?

pontificator

Re: The reception performance of WiFi?

Postby pontificator » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:37 am

I guess you use ESP-WROOM-32 module. Try ESP-WROVER-32 module with an external antenna.

I've got an impression that ESP-WROOM-32 modules have problems with antenna matching.