Unstable BLE Connection with ESP32C3

greggreno

Unstable BLE Connection with ESP32C3

Postby greggreno » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:36 pm

I'm having an issue keeping a good BLE connection between Windows (using Chrome and Web Bluetooth) and the XIAO ESP32C3. The ESP32C3 is listed when scanning for devices and I can connect to it, but it immediately disconnects before I can read a characteristic. I don't have the issue using an old Hiletgo ESP32 dev module. And yes, I do have the antenna connected.

My setup - using Arduino IDI (2.0.4) with ESP library version 2.0.6. I tried using 2.0.7, but had problems with incompatibilities with IDE.
Also using the FastLED library for controlling a string of LEDs. Even with the LEDs disconnected, I still have the same issue.

Any suggestions?

rudi ;-)

Re: Unstable BLE Connection with ESP32C3

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:19 am

greggreno wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:36 pm
I'm having an issue keeping a good BLE connection between Windows (using Chrome and Web Bluetooth) and the XIAO ESP32C3. The ESP32C3 is listed when scanning for devices and I can connect to it, but it immediately disconnects before I can read a characteristic. I don't have the issue using an old Hiletgo ESP32 dev module. And yes, I do have the antenna connected.

My setup - using Arduino IDI (2.0.4) with ESP library version 2.0.6. I tried using 2.0.7, but had problems with incompatibilities with IDE.
Also using the FastLED library for controlling a string of LEDs. Even with the LEDs disconnected, I still have the same issue.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like you're having issues with maintaining a stable BLE connection between your Windows device and the ESP32C3, despite being able to connect initially. One possibility is that there may be interference from other devices in the area, which could be affecting the signal strength and causing the connection to drop. Another possibility is that there could be a compatibility issue between the ESP library version you're using and the IDE version.

Here are some suggestions to try:

1. Increase the signal strength of the ESP32C3 by moving it closer to your Windows device, or using an external antenna if possible.

2. Check for other devices that are using the same frequency range and try to move them further away if possible.

3. Try using a different BLE library or version that is more compatible with your IDE.

4. Make sure that you are using the correct UUID (Universally Unique Identifier) to read from the characteristic. A mismatch here could cause the connection to drop.

5. Try resetting the Bluetooth stack on your Windows device and ESP32C3.

If none of these suggestions work, it may be helpful to consult the manufacturer's forum or support team to see if they have any further suggestions for troubleshooting the issue.

"AskRudi"
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪