I have some Espressif ESP32 dev kits and want to build alexa integrated devices

shan.mcarthur

I have some Espressif ESP32 dev kits and want to build alexa integrated devices

Postby shan.mcarthur » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:24 am

I have some Espressif dev kits and want to build Alexa integrated devices (without a cloud dependency - for now). It looks like I need to have an ACK module. Do I just buy that and hook it up to my dev board, or are there dev boards that already have the module built in? Or is this just a chip for other non-microcontroller projects? In general what do I need to consider outside of getting the espressif hardware and Amazon software? Many of the libraries I use are based on Arduino dependencies - will I be able to use those, or do I have to build off the espidf framework?

shan.mcarthur

Re: I have some Espressif ESP32 dev kits and want to build alexa integrated devices

Postby shan.mcarthur » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:09 am

As an example, the next board I want to purchase is the ESP32-S2-HMI-DevKit-1. That doesn't seem to include the amazon ACK module. Can I just buy the module and hook it up to this board through one of the interfaces on the board?

shan.mcarthur

Re: I have some Espressif ESP32 dev kits and want to build alexa integrated devices

Postby shan.mcarthur » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Please reconsider suggesting to use the forum for hobbyist questions if there isn't any coverage for the Alexa ACK module on the forum.