Official Spiffs and mkspiffs

Addi2438

Official Spiffs and mkspiffs

Postby Addi2438 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Did somone of you manage to use the mkspiffs tool and the official spiffs implementation together?

I created a folder containing two files on my pc and followed the steps descriped by the documentation for creating and uploading the spiffsimage. ( https://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... piffs.html )

After the upload I can mount the spiff partition and I can access these two files but when I want to read the files I get complete wrong data. The values I get are far away from beeing close to the real values in the original files.

When I create a third file write data to it and save it to the spiffs partition directly from the esp32 everything works fine.
The only problem is when I want to upload a spiff image with files in it using the mkspiffs tool.

Did someone of you accomplish to get it working?
Is that a bug?

kurtzweber

Re: Official Spiffs and mkspiffs

Postby kurtzweber » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am

Addi2438

Postby Addi2438 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Hmm maybe I should try the third party SPIFFs.

However I was talking about the SPIFFs version that is integrated in the newer ESP-IDF not any other third party SPIFFs but perhaps it will work with them. Gonna try that.

Addi2438

Postby Addi2438 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm

I managed to get it working.

After I had some trouble with the spiffs from your link I found a newer version of the mkspiffs tool
changed back to the official spiffs implementation and now it works.

Thanks for your help.