Is it ok to post jobs here on the forum?

cmorgan

Is it ok to post jobs here on the forum?

Postby cmorgan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:21 pm

I have some contract work on an esp32 project, is it ok to post that here on the forum? If so, where would be the best place for that?

Chris

kolban

Re: Is it ok to post jobs here on the forum?

Postby kolban » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 am

I for one would always be interested to hear about paid opportunities for ESP32 skills. I think this forum would be a good place. However, I'd suggest that needs and requirements and terms of the opportunity be clearly stated. I see too many posts on other forums that say "I have a need for an XYZ programmer" and it turns out to be nothing more than a fishing game to find someone with XYZ skills to implement something that the requester doesn't have the skills to build themselves and aren't offering any compensation but a "promise" that if the thing you build for them becomes successful, you will get a cut. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd like to see that kind of information posted in the original request.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:13 am

Go for it, cmorgan. Absolutely no problem, as long as it's ESP32 related. :)

cmorgan

Postby cmorgan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

ESP_Angus wrote:Go for it, cmorgan. Absolutely no problem, as long as it's ESP32 related. :)
Great! Would here in General Discussion be the right place for that?

cmorgan

Postby cmorgan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm

kolban wrote:I for one would always be interested to hear about paid opportunities for ESP32 skills. I think this forum would be a good place. However, I'd suggest that needs and requirements and terms of the opportunity be clearly stated. I see too many posts on other forums that say "I have a need for an XYZ programmer" and it turns out to be nothing more than a fishing game to find someone with XYZ skills to implement something that the requester doesn't have the skills to build themselves and aren't offering any compensation but a "promise" that if the thing you build for them becomes successful, you will get a cut. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd like to see that kind of information posted in the original request.
While my project is self funded its not a work for free gig. I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to swap equity though, that could be a reasonable approach for someone that was learning as they went. It's likely to be quicker and smoother with someone that has some experience.

cmorgan

Postby cmorgan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 am

kolban wrote:I for one would always be interested to hear about paid opportunities for ESP32 skills. I think this forum would be a good place. However, I'd suggest that needs and requirements and terms of the opportunity be clearly stated. I see too many posts on other forums that say "I have a need for an XYZ programmer" and it turns out to be nothing more than a fishing game to find someone with XYZ skills to implement something that the requester doesn't have the skills to build themselves and aren't offering any compensation but a "promise" that if the thing you build for them becomes successful, you will get a cut. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd like to see that kind of information posted in the original request.
@kolban, here is the posting in General Discussion. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3703