NodeMCU-32S is out by Ai-Thinker

leo_ck

NodeMCU-32S is out by Ai-Thinker

Postby leo_ck » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Ai-Thinker just released a NodeMCU-32S for about 14USD? Seems promising. Probably those of you that haven't received a ESP32 from Espressif or Adafruit or Nano32, you can get this easily from here.

https://world.taobao.com/item/540820519 ... 6.4.sEfJQj

the0ne

Re: NodeMCU-32S is out by Ai-Thinker

Postby the0ne » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:33 am

Well, at least if you receive one. I had ordered a piece there - which was the maximum possible - on 2016.11.04 and the seller didn't even ship it by now.
Last edited by the0ne on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ESP_Angus

Re: NodeMCU-32S is out by Ai-Thinker

Postby ESP_Angus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:28 pm

For what it's worth, I ordered two of these for testing purposes on 1 November, from the taobao link leo_ck posted above (this is Ai-Thinker's own taobao store, so the most legitimate source of Ai-Thinker made boards/modules). They arrived OK, fully functional boards.

I guess they added the one-per-order limitation at some point since then, and I now see the link is marked as totally out of stock. Presumably they sold out faster than expected!

theOne, if you ordered through taobao then I'm guessing you got a refund OK? I've found Ai-Thinker to be pretty upfront with me when I message them on taobao to ask about availability/etc.

(Everyone: If buying from other links, please bear in mind that most aliexpress vendors will be buying their from stock from Ai-Thinker, so if Ai-Thinker are unexpectedly out of stock then the aliexpress stores will also become unexpectedly out of stock! Although there's also the possiblity of unscrupulous aliexpress sellers.)