Espressif, Who you are?

Gfast2

Espressif, Who you are?

Postby Gfast2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi ESP-IDF,

Who you are in IN REAL? A chinese Start-up in Shanghai? How could you build up such a highly motivated team? How big you are(If I'm allowed to ask). 10-30, 30-100, more then 100 engineer?

Cheers

Gfast2

ESP_Sprite

Re: Espressif, Who you are?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 am

Well, it's not that secret, to be honest. We're indeed headquartered in Shanghai, but we also have offices in other places in China (from memory Wuxi, Hefei, Shenzen), and also in India and the Czech republic. At the moment, I think I have around 200 colleagues, but that number is still rising as we're always on the lookout for new talent. (Sorry, had to make HR happy :) ) How we created such a motivated team... errm... well... we have multiple teams obviously, 200 people is a big number to speak for, but for me and my direct colleagues (as in: core esp-idf guys, in general the people you see here on the forums and Github), we were more-or-less picked from the ESP8266 hacker community, so we can now do some things we did for fun previously in a paid way. Helping other people making stuff with stuff we developed is a pretty good motivation :)

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Gfast2 wrote:
A chinese Start-up in Shanghai?
How big you are(If I'm allowed to ask). 10-30, 30-100, more then 100 engineer?
"servus"

乐鑫信息科技 is 乐鑫信息科技 (上海)有限公司 (Espressif Systems) and was founded 2008
Headquartered in Shanghai's Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Espressif Systems (Shanghai) Pte., Ltd. is an advanced and professional fabless semiconductor company dedicated to the research and development of low power Wi-Fi -Fi and Bluetooth system-on-chip, providing mobile communications and IoT solutions.

President of Espressif Systems 乐鑫信息科技 ( Black Font, Black Logo ) Ying Duan
President of Espressif ( Red Font, Red Logo) Teo Swee-Ann

Teo has worked in
• Transilica (successfully developing a Bluetooth chip) (acquired for $ 300 million in 2001)
Marvell (successful development of Bluetooth chip and 802.11bgn / 802.11a chip)

• Montage Technologies (Successfully Developed Digital TV DVB-S / DVB-S2 / DVB-T tuner chip), one of the co-founders of Montage Technology (Montage NASDAQ listed in 2014 by the Pudong Branch vote Privatization

• Launched Espressif Systems in 2007

• Graduated from the National University of Singapore (Master of Engineering, First Class Honors Degree, Principal's Honor, Minor Law, Programming Theory Merit, Communications Theory Merit Award)

• 5 IEEE articles, 18 international patents
Like the CEO's style, Le Xin believes that only by virtue of its efforts and strength can it stand in the market of wireless communication and IoT chips. Wi-Fi chip is currently dominated by foreign manufacturers, such as Qualcomm, Broadcom, TI, Marvell, etc., while some mid-market is a Taiwanese manufacturers such as MediaTek and Realtek. The strength of domestic Wi-Fi chip manufacturers is still relatively weak.

Le Xin, a R & D team all companies in mainland China, with independent development of Wi-Fi chip design capabilities, over the years focused on the development of Wi-Fi technology. The ESP8266EX is a Wi-Fi chip for IoT applications using the most advanced 40nm process technology for the current Wi-Fi chip (Qualcomm's Wi-Fi chip is also a 40nm process) with low power consumption, high integration and high Cost advantages.

As China's Internet of things, the field of smart home continued development, Le Xin highly cost-effective Wi-Fi chip will greatly promote the development of related domestic industry chain. According to Gartner's forecast report, it is estimated that there will be 25 billion devices in the world connected by Wi-Fi chips by 2020, and the market will be huge. After five years of research and development with great concentration, Leixin seized a very optimistic market share with a good reputation and exceeding the expected speed.

Le Xin's research and development node:
• From June 2012 to May 2014, the hardware part of the chip was designed and mass produced.
• From June 2014 to December 2014, the chip was officially launched to optimize packaging and increase yield.
• From June 2014 until December 2015, the software part of the chip was iteratively optimized.
• From January 2015 to December 2015, the software part of the chip completes the interworking with various third-party IoT platforms to develop the smart application scenario of the chip.

[src]

乐鑫信息科技是一家全球领先的无厂半导体跨国公司,总部位于中国上海。作为专业的一站式解决方案供应商,乐鑫信息科技专注于研发高集成、低功耗的Wi-Fi 和蓝牙系统级芯片,致力于为产业提供最好的物联网产品和软件平台,其中最受欢迎的有 ESP8266与ESP32 系列芯片。
在乐鑫信息科技,我们有一群富有激情的、来自世界各地的工程师和科学家,专注于研发世界一流水平的无线通讯芯片,同时帮助客户开发自己的方案,把全球的物联网产品连接起来。我们的激情来源于创造世界一流水平的芯片,并帮助我们的合作伙伴一起开发优秀的产品。同时,我们开源我们的软件平台,让众多的第三方项目和平台接入,我们坚信只有科技的民主化才能成就物联网的明天。
愿景:Simplify Solutions for Internet of Things
使命:Connect :: Innovate

In 2018 there is a 10-years celebrating - and "Startup" was successfull :mrgreen:

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Gfast2

Postby Gfast2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,
Who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

dbasberg

Postby dbasberg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Gfast2
Go change the world! Well said.

Gfast2

Postby Gfast2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 am

dbasberg wrote:Gfast2
Go change the world! Well said.
Hi dbashberg,

It's not me. This is from the commercial of apple ("Think Different" 1999)

Great company, great thinkers, great product. Eventually Jobs changed his life, and did change the world. (no matter the other engineers said about apple)

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:31 pm

rudi ;-) wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:30 pm
Gfast2 wrote:
A chinese Start-up in Shanghai?
How big you are(If I'm allowed to ask). 10-30, 30-100, more then 100 engineer?
"servus"

乐鑫信息科技 is 乐鑫信息科技 (上海)有限公司 (Espressif Systems) and was founded 2008
Headquartered in Shanghai's Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Espressif Systems (Shanghai) Pte., Ltd. is an advanced and professional fabless semiconductor company dedicated to the research and development of low power Wi-Fi -Fi and Bluetooth system-on-chip, providing mobile communications and IoT solutions.

President of Espressif Systems 乐鑫信息科技 ( Black Font, Black Logo ) Ying Duan
President of Espressif ( Red Font, Red Logo) Teo Swee-Ann

Teo has worked in
• Transilica (successfully developing a Bluetooth chip) (acquired for $ 300 million in 2001)
Marvell (successful development of Bluetooth chip and 802.11bgn / 802.11a chip)

• Montage Technologies (Successfully Developed Digital TV DVB-S / DVB-S2 / DVB-T tuner chip), one of the co-founders of Montage Technology (Montage NASDAQ listed in 2014 by the Pudong Branch vote Privatization

• Launched Espressif Systems in 2007

• Graduated from the National University of Singapore (Master of Engineering, First Class Honors Degree, Principal's Honor, Minor Law, Programming Theory Merit, Communications Theory Merit Award)

• 5 IEEE articles, 18 international patents
Like the CEO's style, Le Xin believes that only by virtue of its efforts and strength can it stand in the market of wireless communication and IoT chips. Wi-Fi chip is currently dominated by foreign manufacturers, such as Qualcomm, Broadcom, TI, Marvell, etc., while some mid-market is a Taiwanese manufacturers such as MediaTek and Realtek. The strength of domestic Wi-Fi chip manufacturers is still relatively weak.

Le Xin, a R & D team all companies in mainland China, with independent development of Wi-Fi chip design capabilities, over the years focused on the development of Wi-Fi technology. The ESP8266EX is a Wi-Fi chip for IoT applications using the most advanced 40nm process technology for the current Wi-Fi chip (Qualcomm's Wi-Fi chip is also a 40nm process) with low power consumption, high integration and high Cost advantages.

As China's Internet of things, the field of smart home continued development, Le Xin highly cost-effective Wi-Fi chip will greatly promote the development of related domestic industry chain. According to Gartner's forecast report, it is estimated that there will be 25 billion devices in the world connected by Wi-Fi chips by 2020, and the market will be huge. After five years of research and development with great concentration, Leixin seized a very optimistic market share with a good reputation and exceeding the expected speed.

Le Xin's research and development node:
• From June 2012 to May 2014, the hardware part of the chip was designed and mass produced.
• From June 2014 to December 2014, the chip was officially launched to optimize packaging and increase yield.
• From June 2014 until December 2015, the software part of the chip was iteratively optimized.
• From January 2015 to December 2015, the software part of the chip completes the interworking with various third-party IoT platforms to develop the smart application scenario of the chip.

[src]

乐鑫信息科技是一家全球领先的无厂半导体跨国公司,总部位于中国上海。作为专业的一站式解决方案供应商,乐鑫信息科技专注于研发高集成、低功耗的Wi-Fi 和蓝牙系统级芯片,致力于为产业提供最好的物联网产品和软件平台,其中最受欢迎的有 ESP8266与ESP32 系列芯片。
在乐鑫信息科技,我们有一群富有激情的、来自世界各地的工程师和科学家,专注于研发世界一流水平的无线通讯芯片,同时帮助客户开发自己的方案,把全球的物联网产品连接起来。我们的激情来源于创造世界一流水平的芯片,并帮助我们的合作伙伴一起开发优秀的产品。同时,我们开源我们的软件平台,让众多的第三方项目和平台接入,我们坚信只有科技的民主化才能成就物联网的明天。
愿景:Simplify Solutions for Internet of Things
使命:Connect :: Innovate

In 2018 there is a 10-years celebrating - and "Startup" was successfull :mrgreen:

best wishes
rudi ;-)

only to make the protocol complete :D :

Espressif Celebrates Its IPO .. 22 July 2019

best wishes
rudi ;-)
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

PaulNi

Postby PaulNi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 pm

I always wanted to drop by when I was working in Shanghai in 2016. I worked just one metro station away.

I think I saw Teo with some engineers once in Starbucks near Lenovo, but thought it would be just too creepy to appear unannounced.

Now I work with a engineering company in Shenzhen. Going back and forth from Shenzhen and places where we do field deployments.