ESP32 Reliaibility

ahoy_tech

ESP32 Reliaibility

Postby ahoy_tech » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of adding ESP32 to a product which requires minimal WiFi & BLE operation. Can someone help with the MTBF or FIT or MTTF data of ESP32? I am unable to find it in the docs provided and technical questions section of espressif.com loops back to the downloads page.

Thanks

analog

Re: ESP32 Reliaibility

Postby analog » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm

I am facing the same situation...
without this datas it will be impossible use this microcontroller.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:31 pm

You're probably better off mailing sales@espressif.com with these kinds of questions.

PeterR

Postby PeterR » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Do you mean transient failures or permanent? AFAIK the ESP does not have ECC memory.

It very much depends on what defines a MTBF failure.

Each culture will have their stereotype of a man who might pave their driveway only to find that the driveway subsides and the man is no where to be seen.

I don't think highly about the effectivity of regulation & how that figure is calculated & have worked in some shocking 'design' cultures.

EDIT:
Standards may also be easily be abused. Ta=25C is a starter. What happens at Ta=40C, no one knows.

Volume, user feed back, that is where I would start.
I use my ESP32s very badly. Its also used in the hoby market where I doubt anyone use's ESD protection. That's not to say that if you raise a finger to it it wont cave.
& I also believe that IDF CAN should be fixed.