Ghost error messages

Zingemneire

Ghost error messages

Postby Zingemneire » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 am

Hi,

I have recently started using "ESP-IDF" in combination with Eclipse, I have installed both and building and/or flashing the "hello_world" example works perfectly.

There is one oddity though. After building the example, which works just fine, I get 2 odd error messages: "program g++ not found in path" and "program gcc not found in path". Eclipse lists them in the "Problems" tab.

As mentioned they are not real problems as the elf, bin, etc... files build just fine, can be flashed at will and work 100% OK.
So: I can work with them but I would like to see an empty "Problems" tab to avoid confusion.

Note: Initially I did not have the problem but I removed the project I was working on from the Eclipse workspace ( without deleting it from the file system ), archived it, restored the project to its original state a bit later and then reintroduced the restored project into the workspace again. Somehow that triggered the occurrence of the ghost error messages. :?

Any help/suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Zingemneire

Re: Ghost error messages

Postby Zingemneire » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 am

In the mean time I have found the solution: Those error messages are artifacts of the first build. Once it has built correctly you can simply right click on those messages and select DELETE. From that moment on you can build as many times as you want and they should not reappear again, at least they don't do in my case. ;)