Iphone & BLE disconnects

p-rimes

Re: Iphone & BLE disconnects

Postby p-rimes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Just tried something that seemed to have a positive effect (for me and my iPhone!):

This is one of my lesser-used old dev boards, and it has had a previous version of ESP-IDF deployed to it.

I had been using 'make flash' and seeing the same issue above, but I tried a `make erase_flash flash` just now, and that seems to have made it work again! I can't say what exactly happened, but it might have something to do with initial RF calibration.

It seems a bit scary to me that IDF upgrades (e.g. OTA) might break radio functionality if/when a new calibration is required (it should be detected/initiated by the upgrade process, I should think).

Fugazi

Postby Fugazi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am

Hi

Thanks for the message, do you have some code that works and stays connected with the iphone then ?

I have tried loads of things and still getting the disconnect, tried about 5 different esp's while testing so i dont think its the erase flash !

Thanks

Phil

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 am

Hi, its not 100% confirmed yet, but it seems that iOS has some requirements. Like i suspected it is security related. Even if its not 100% confirmed its best shot and worth to try:
https://github.com/asterics/esp32_mouse ... -398695065

This is from https://developer.apple.com/accessories ... elines.pdf
10.10 Pairing
The accessory should not request pairing until an ATT request is rejected using the Insufficient Authentication error code. See the Bluetooth 4.0 specification, Volume 3, Part F, Section 4 for details.

If, for security reasons, the accessory requires a bonded relationship with the Central, the Peripheral should reject the ATT request using the Insufficient Authentication error code, as appropriate. As a result, the Apple product may proceed with the necessary security procedures.

JoaoLopesF

Postby JoaoLopesF » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 am

Fugazi wrote: Do you have your app code online, would be good to try?
Hi @Fugazi, I finished it :P , please access: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6806