esp32 时钟修改

Postby roctwo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:06 pm

:D 1、esp32发热感觉很严重,这样它能达到很低的功耗吗?
:D 2、esp32 cpu时钟如何修改?

ESP_igrr

Re: esp32 时钟修改

Postby ESP_igrr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi roctwo,

In the current version (and in 1.0) we don't support run-time changes to the CPU frequency. Switching CPU frequency is not difficult, but some changes need to be done to FreeRTOS tick routine, and also to the timekeeping routines. We want to make sure these changes don't cause subtle bugs, like clock drift, so we will take some time to implement and test this properly post-1.0.

We will also add an API which components can use to request high frequency mode (for APB or CPU frequency), somewhat similar to wake locks on Android.

roctwo

Postby roctwo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:37 am

ESP_igrr wrote:Hi roctwo,

In the current version (and in 1.0) we don't support run-time changes to the CPU frequency. Switching CPU frequency is not difficult, but some changes need to be done to FreeRTOS tick routine, and also to the timekeeping routines. We want to make sure these changes don't cause subtle bugs, like clock drift, so we will take some time to implement and test this properly post-1.0.

We will also add an API which components can use to request high frequency mode (for APB or CPU frequency), somewhat similar to wake locks on Android.
Thanks for your reply.But now,after I have changed the CPU frequency to 80MHz by make menuconfig.The chip can't run properly,and the boot log is:
entry 0x40080034
[0;31mE (47) boot: nothing to load[0m
user code done

So what's wrong with this problem,and now my chip can't running :cry: :cry: :cry: , how to solve it??

ESP_igrr

Postby ESP_igrr » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 pm

"boot: nothing to load" message indicates that a valid program has not been found in flash.

How are you flashing your ESP32 board? Using 'make flash' command or using some other method?
Are you getting any warnings/errors when running 'make flash' which could indicate that the board wasn't flashed correctly?

roctwo

Postby roctwo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:39 am

ESP_igrr wrote:"boot: nothing to load" message indicates that a valid program has not been found in flash.

How are you flashing your ESP32 board? Using 'make flash' command or using some other method?
Are you getting any warnings/errors when running 'make flash' which could indicate that the board wasn't flashed correctly?
Thanks for your reply, now I have solved it :) :) :) :) :) :in fact,the partion_table address should be 0x8000, but I have given 0x4000.But if the chip reboot many times, this problem will occur again.Then I mast flash the program again, it's realy confused me. :? :? :? :? :?

jeromeh

Postby jeromeh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 am

Any progress on supporting CPU frequency change recently?
roctwo wrote:
ESP_igrr wrote:Hi roctwo,

Thanks for your reply.But now,after I have changed the CPU frequency to 80MHz by make menuconfig.The chip can't run properly,and the boot log is:
entry 0x40080034
[0;31mE (47) boot: nothing to load[0m
user code done

So what's wrong with this problem,and now my chip can't running :cry: :cry: :cry: , how to solve it??

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 am

We are working on it and have gotten some very encouraging results. Still, it's both a work in progress as well as something that will be integrated after esp-idf v2.0 is released.