Get channel information from bluetooth scanning

laszlomarkus97

Get channel information from bluetooth scanning

Postby laszlomarkus97 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 am

Hello, we are currently working on bluetooth scanner.
It scans on 3 different channel. The problem is that, we dont have any channel information for each scan event. So we dont know which channel we got the advertising packets.We looked into low-level bludroid files, but the lowest level we could see the hci command coordinator. It was not provide any information about channels.
Is there any debug information from radio reciever or the bluetooth module? Is there any chance to see radio module inner working? Maybe could we get libbtdm_app.a source code?

alviso

Re: Get channel information from bluetooth scanning

Postby alviso » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:04 am

Hi,
I'd like to second this question. RSSI based BLE beacon localization could use the channel information for correlation to increase accuracy. If channel information could be added to the callback parameters, that would be great.
Thanks, Peter

rshumate

Re: Get channel information from bluetooth scanning

Postby rshumate » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I am also curious if there is any way to get the channel information from a BLE Scan. I have noticed greatly varying RSSI strength between different advertising channels. We would like to use the RSSI of an advertisement in our system to correlate some information, however noise from different channels are effecting our results. We'd like to filter the advertisements based on the channel received.