Any ideas when small quantities will be available ?

lakid74

Any ideas when small quantities will be available ?

Postby lakid74 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:29 am

Does anyone have a source for ESP32S boards (not dev boards) from AliExpress or simlar that actually ship ? I'm looking for 5-10 but AliExpress never ship, SEEED have taken my money and keep delaying...supply seems to be incredibly limited.
I've got one of the DevC kits thru Adafruit and they have the esp-wroom-32 but shipping to Aus is pricey.

MarsWarrior

Re: Any ideas when small quantities will be available ?

Postby MarsWarrior » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:46 am

I just got information that 'the next batch' will be available in february 2017.

Whether this is true, I don't know, but I got that information from three different suppliers.
It might have to do with the new revision that is coming in 2017, but that is just guessing as the reason for the delay is changing everytime I ask for the reason:
- Production problems
- Hardware (chip) problems
- Software problems

The only ESP-32S I have received sofar is my Espressif devkit, which is working fine, but all my other boards are laying around waiting for the ESP-32S modules to arrive.

Maybe Espressif could shed some light onto this ongoing delay :geek:

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Small quantities will be available when large quantities are available. It definitely looks like there won't be any significant supply until the new silicon production in Feb. Even preferred partners like pycom are quoting their volume OEM modules for April availability. Let's hope it all goes smoothly and general availability becomes similar to esp8266. Would be nice to get some official words on the matter. And also updates on esp32 hardware variations and esp8689.

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 am

SEEED have taken my money and keep delaying
I have identical issue with https://www.seeedstudio.com/. Order placed over three months ago and still not shipped.
Original and delayed commitments are not respected. No reply to my inquiry for an update.

The new silicon production in Spring 2017 will be great but I am perfectly fine with current silicon version.