ESP-WROOM-32 Getting Started

Kurousagi

ESP-WROOM-32 Getting Started

Postby Kurousagi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:35 pm

I am new to the ESP-WROOM-32 and I don't know where to begin. When I connect UART to the module, I get the information found in the attached picture. This firmware does not appear to have any AT commands, possibly because that firmware is not present? When I type help I get the response: supported command: Please refer to document ssc_commands.xlsx for detail. From my search online, this appears to be the "testing" firmware that was shipped with the module. I found on this forum (https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=484), they also mention that it would be better to use the AT Command firmware. I think on the resources page for this module, I found said firmware but I do not know how to update the module, either via UART flash or OTA. I would like to know how to do both. I intend to want to use this module with an external MCU like an Arduino or FEZ Panda III board so I would need to have some kind of generic firmware for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
ESP-WROOM-32 Boot Message.png
ESP-WROOM-32 Boot Message.png (43.9 KiB) Viewed 5434 times

Kurousagi

Re: ESP-WROOM-32 Getting Started

Postby Kurousagi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm

I managed to do some searching on the net and found very little in how to use the flash tool. There is not a place that explains where to load each file or which file for that matter. However, in the directory where the firmware bin files are found, I found a file that seems to show the locations to flash each file. The only problem is the list shows to load 12 files and the flash tool will only allow you flash 11. Another thing of note, there are a whole lot more files in the AT firmware directory than the 12 the file shows to load, but there is no indication as to where or which files to use of the remaining files. If anybody else has any insights, I would greatly appreciate it.

username

Postby username » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:27 am

Everything you need to get started is here.
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html

Salomi

Postby Salomi » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am

Anyone help regarding nit getting response for AT commands.actually we are interfacing the ESP32 with PIC32 microcontroller via UART. We have downloaded the latest firmware in the ESP32 via flash programmer tool. Can anyone help me to get the response from the module.Also can anyone tell me the correct sequence of downloading the firmware in specific address location.