which new "esp" 8 pin ic is this on the new esp32 modul? ;-)

ESP_Sprite

Re: which new "esp" 8 pin ic is this on the new esp32 modul? ;-)

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Would suggest you just leave it for after we release the datasheet, but sure, I can't stop you from talking to our sales team about returns.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:Would suggest you just leave it for after we release the datasheet, but sure, I can't stop you from talking to our sales team about returns.
this is not espressif community service forum
it is now going to business payment service forum

the talk is started before you post -
paypal is channcel
and the kickstarter community projekt is closed now for us

you have your chance to edit the code to run here -
i feel more get arrogance from you - sry jeroen.

feel free to work more with pycom, pycom is NL and you too.
so - i think this is interna friendship too...
but is ok.

i stop now any support for this forum and web and other things what have to do with espressif and esp series.

honest, if i send you a paypal 1000 usd i would get the info?
you never will feel this from me that this is my way.

i feel community - you are done with it - and now - get arrogance from you on the code
the wrong infos stand here from you! you posted 0x03 for read and write, not i am .
my code is perhaps completly wrong - you are right
but it is a start for talk

where is your code for write and read?

lets be closed this theme.
i close now ESP32 for me here.

all the best
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm

No. You will get the information regardless. Apart from the bits we pretty clearly indicated up-front, we do release our code in an open fashion. The problem is one of support: when we release our code in a very buggy state, we get a whole bunch of support questions and angry faces. We can only answer so many high-priority and deep questions at the same time, so we cannot release random incomplete and buggy code and datasheets in the open unless we want to drown in Github issues, forum posts and angry emails. Sometimes, customers with whom we have a good business relationship with (for example, because they order large amounts of ESP32s off us) can be an exception: because they bring in much money, we can spend time to help them figure out what the incomplete code does, how to work around it etc. That is a costly process, way more costly than just developing a feature until it is entirely done and then releasing that, and that is the reason we only go through that process with select customers. We just do not have the resources to do that with the entire esp32 community! I can assure you, whatever code Pycom gets wrt PSRAM, everyone will eventually get. Just not now.

If that is a problem for you, then unfortunately I can't do much more than thank you for your past effort on making this forum a better place, and wish you all the best as well.

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:Also, WiFive, what do you mean wrt 'transparency on internal bug trackers'?
Well a lot of the process and reasoning is understandable but what I mean is to have a feature list, everything in the data sheet, and then a current implementation status. For example: stable, unsupported, working issues, planned 2017Q2, silicon bug, etc...

And we know github issues are copied to internal issue tracker, but we don't know bugs discovered internally until after they are fixed or someone reports duplicate bug. So this is frustrating, should be a list of known bugs not shown on github.

Production dates and lead times are important.

Otherwise how to make tough decisions like whether to delay a design to wait for rev1/wrover, or ship with rev0, or move to another chipset.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Well, we do have the release notes of the official releases that document the known bugs with the code in that release, but I can imagine you also want to see something like that 'live' for the master branch. Not sure if we can do that, due to the logistics of the thing a lot of bugs come in as 'application x doesn't work' and need to be examined before we can determine the root cause; if the root cause is determined, it's usually only a few days before the commit ends up in master.

Wrt the 'what already works' bit: maybe we can indeed make a document with all the features that are supported in esp-idf at a certain point. I'm not sure if we can make a good roadmap; the reality of development at this stage is that it's somewhat customer-driven, that is, if a big customer is developing a mass-market product and needs a certain feature, it's going to get preference. Still, we do have some priorities, maybe I can see if we can at least dump a roughly-sorted list somewhere of what we want for the next release. (I think I already did that for 2.0 or 2.1, think I dropped that because of general business.)

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Would be cool to have a dashboard that scrapes the github issues and internal issues and displays the number of issues that match certain tags. Of course the issues would have to be tagged, but seems reasonable. Sounds like a good intern project.

Once wrover ships and IDF gets closer to rock stable and feature complete it won't be as big of a deal. The problem is the last few inches feel like miles when you've been hanging around for a year. You'll take anything but silence at that point.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 pm

zum_kotzen!.png
zum_kotzen!.png (62.39 KiB) Viewed 9934 times

and we get wrong copy paste picture for playing and puzzling..
_first_try_same_cmd_fails.jpg
_first_try_same_cmd_fails.jpg (127.08 KiB) Viewed 9934 times
You can not bend that straight.

Now it is enough for me.

without words

edit:
.. everyone will eventually get. Just not now...
"eventually" is the suffocating word
Last edited by rudi ;-) on Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 am

@jeroen
after night sleep-

question: why there is no confirm?
"yes rudi - looks like there is a mistake on write command ( 0x03) in the time picture - it must be 0x02"

how we then know
- what is right and what is wrong on the given puzzle?

question: why we can not use a SPI Master for testing a simple Write and Read? Why is then not given the Code for a simple SPI Write and Read on pSRAM ?

Is the pSRAM Specific only for using with ESP32 ?
is this not a generally pSRAM 1.8V serial SOP8 ?
why there is no datasheet to this IC itself after 1/2 year ( 372016) after producing?

i have simple questions.
i dont demand a fully working ESP-IDF with this pSRAM,

i only want test the pSRAM itself in first moment, thats all!
IMG_6636s.jpg
IMG_6636s.jpg (147.84 KiB) Viewed 9898 times

without right datasheet its not possible
burst, oe register, and so on.
i do not understand why you give this puzzle?
do you not know itself how to handle and what is need?

and yes -
if you have chin version
you can give the chin version to me
after 35 years in this business i can chin and can translate byself

is SPI Master not right configured?
is SPI Master in ESP.IDF not working?

i do not understand why i can buy the 100 peaces is there is no R&D on the IC's ??
is Datasheet not need for R&D ?
where is it then?

this are my un answered question for made me explode for this theme!

and why pycom get OEM ( REV1 ) with pSRAM Modul?
why you not offer this to us too?
how much is it? 10.000 USD?
let me know your paypal then i buy it
and i let pick up by private jet
I am serious!
Last edited by rudi ;-) on Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 am

No. We're done here. I cannot give you a datasheet that I know for sure doesn't have mistakes like the one you found in the screenshot, and that is seemingly what you demand. I also told you that yes, we're giving Pycom preferential treatment and also why we do that. If you think you're in a similar position to them wrt marketable product and infrastructure to sell it, by all means contact us and we'll be very interested in fulfilling your orders and helping you get what you need to get these numbers on the market.

The current plan is to release the PSRAM stuff next month, I can tell you that. I can also tell you we may or may not make that deadline, depending on if we happen to find any showstoppers (I'm pretty confident we will not, but you never know.) I'm afraid I cannot tell you anything more than to wait until then.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Sat May 20, 2017 10:13 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:No. We're done here. I cannot give you a datasheet that I know for sure doesn't have mistakes like the one you found in the screenshot, and that is seemingly what you demand. I also told you that yes, we're giving Pycom preferential treatment and also why we do that. If you think you're in a similar position to them wrt marketable product and infrastructure to sell it, by all means contact us and we'll be very interested in fulfilling your orders and helping you get what you need to get these numbers on the market.

The current plan is to release the PSRAM stuff next month, I can tell you that. I can also tell you we may or may not make that deadline, depending on if we happen to find any showstoppers (I'm pretty confident we will not, but you never know.) I'm afraid I cannot tell you anything more than to wait until then.

ok jeroen,

one question for me is open:
why you have no datasheet but can make an OEM modul on pSRAM to give pycom?

Are you not espressif`?
Are you pycom?
or are you own companie?

why i ask.
i am in contact with john.
no_sry.png
no_sry.png (105.45 KiB) Viewed 9885 times
john is espressif-system

i am in contact with stanza
stanza is espressif

and i am in contact with betty
betty is from sales espressif

is this forum not espressif? or espressif-system?
why i ask this.

cause the facebook logo link to
facbook.jpg
facbook.jpg (238.52 KiB) Viewed 9885 times

i get not the answere i hope for it in this forum.
what we then do in this forum? why this forum then exist?

i do not understand any more in this here, honest.
sale for sale to me over espressif pSRAM
and there is no datasheet.

you say to me, that i can contact "you" ... espessif ... for markt item
this i have done!

John knows about our kickstarter that is begin in june for community
we will order 500k Wrover with pSRAM in June!

what the hell is here the problem?

we will blow pycom from market, i promisse this to you!

and if you on espressif
then we will talk in next time - sure.

and there will be change in the timeline and details
who is the #1 to inform news...

btw:
john knows too,
if i get this weekend not the datasheet, i close all contacts to this theme
and kickstarter too.

this is my last words here - until is not clear, is this here espressif or not.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪