device configuration for google_dialogflow example

maximewimez

device configuration for google_dialogflow example

Postby maximewimez » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to make the device configuration for google_dialogflow example. (https://github.com/espressif/esp-va-sdk ... logflow.md)
But I'm currently unable to understand where I have to enter these command ("nvs-set") of this step :

- Once you download credentials.json, you can use the following commands on the device console to set the client ID, client secret and refresh token on the device.

- Make sure to enter the nvs-set commands first and then the wifi-set command.

[Enter]
>> nvs-set avs refreshToken string <refresh_token_from_credentials.json>
>> nvs-set avs clientId string <client_id_from_credentials.json>
>> nvs-set avs clientSecret string <client_secret_from_credentials.json>

Is someone can help me ?
Thanks in advance.

ESP_Hrishi

Re: device configuration for google_dialogflow example

Postby ESP_Hrishi » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:42 am

These commands need to be entered on ESP32 console. You can flash the dialogflow firmware and boot-up the board.
After that on the console, you can enter these NVS commands followed by the Wi-Fi commands.

maximewimez

Postby maximewimez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:03 am

Thanks. I have flashed the dialogflow firmware. But, can't understand how to access this console.

What exactly is this console ? How to lunch it ?
I found this, is it this way I can send command to my device ? https://www.hackster.io/donowak/control ... net-fa9634

Theses questions may be seems idiot, but I'm new to it.

Oleksandr

Postby Oleksandr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:55 pm

Hello maximewimez!
I faced the same problem and feel like an idiot too. Did you solve the problem? I see scrolling lines on the port monitor, but where can I enter the nvc-set command?

Oleksandr

Postby Oleksandr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:16 am

Hello everybody!
I am new to ESP32 and would like to share my little experience with building a google-dialogflow example.
I think that this can be useful to someone who wants to quickly put together a project, and not devote the rest of his life to it.
In my opinion, it's better to focus your efforts on learning the esp-idf sdk (or your DIY developments), since esp-va-sdk is just a special case.
The documentation from the authors of the example is very laconic and hard to understand for a beginner, so "stupid" questions arise.
1. If you are new to ESP32 programming, don't even try to build a project in an environment other than the one recommended by the developers!
There should ONLY be the recommended Toolchain and esp-idf version. This will save you a lot of time.
I didn't want to use Linux, so I tried to build the google-dialogflow project on Windows using CMake and newer esp-idf versions.
Also I tried using different versions of Toolchain. As a result, there were always compilation errors,
links, errors when finding header files, type conversion errors. From the comments, it becomes clear that the SDK has changed radically from version to version. So it didn't work out to become smarter than developers. The best solution that saved me a headache is Prebuild GNU Toolchain for Windows by SysProgs:
https://gnutoolchains.com/download/ (with MSVS VisualGDB add-on).
2. The question that frightens many (and me too) is: "where to enter the nvs-set commands?" has a simple answer that is not explained anywhere.
This is the cli of the program already loaded and running into the ESP32 module, which (only with correct assembly! This is important!) Displays the input prompt on the monitor screen.
3. It is extremely important to first clear the memory of the chip, incl. nvs memory area, otherwise you may not see this input prompt in cli (which is why I asked the same "idiotic" question).
4. Pay attention to the menuconfig settings. If build errors occur, you should read the comments carefully.
5. I was also very disturbed by a hardware problem. The power supply from the smartphone that I used to power the LyraTD-MSC together with the connection to the my desktop caused unstable work of the module, which led to its constant reboot, but I thought that the problem was in the firmware.
Of course, all this is in the documentation, but attention is not focused on these issues.
I hope that my humble experience will help someone.