ESP-ADF first Project can not be compiled by me

AbdKarim

ESP-ADF first Project can not be compiled by me

Postby AbdKarim » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Hallo,

I have a problem regarding ESP-ADF v3.3.1 :). ESP-IDF works totally fine by me and I can build and flash examples. I followed this link https://github.com/espressif/esp-adf to let ADF work but unfortunately, when I type "idf.py menuconfig" in the path of "\...\esp-adf\examples\get-started\play_mp3" I am getting the following in CMD in windows 10:
Note: You are using Python 3.8.2. Python 3 support is new, please report any problems you encounter. Search for 'Setting the Python Interpreter' in the ESP-IDF docs if you want to use Python 2.7.
Checking Python dependencies...
Python requirements from C:\esp-adf\esp-idf\requirements.txt are satisfied.
Running cmake in directory C:\esp-adf\examples\get-started\play_mp3\build
Executing "cmake -G Ninja -DPYTHON_DEPS_CHECKED=1 -DESP_PLATFORM=1 --warn-uninitialized C:\esp-adf\examples\get-started\play_mp3"...
Warn about uninitialized values.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (include):
include could not find load file:

"C:\esp-adf"/CMakeLists.txt

-- Found Git: C:/Program Files/Git/cmd/git.exe (found version "2.26.0.windows.1")
-- IDF_TARGET not set, using default target: esp32
-- Building for target esp32
-- ccache will be used for faster builds
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.2.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.2.0
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: C:/Users/abdul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a5-5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Users/abdul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a5-5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Users/abdul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a5-5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Users/abdul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a5-5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Users/abdul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a5-5.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Error at C:/esp-adf/esp-idf/tools/cmake/component_utils.cmake:20 (message):
Required component audio_sal is not found in any of the provided
COMPONENT_DIRS
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/esp-adf/esp-idf/tools/cmake/scripts/expand_requirements.cmake:95 (find_component_path)
C:/esp-adf/esp-idf/tools/cmake/scripts/expand_requirements.cmake:114 (expand_component_requirements)
C:/esp-adf/esp-idf/tools/cmake/scripts/expand_requirements.cmake:217 (expand_component_requirements)
Could you please give me hints why it is not working?

Kind regards,
Karim

chegewara

Re: ESP-ADF first Project can not be compiled by me

Postby chegewara » Fri May 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Im not sure about hat, but did you git clone with --recursive flag?
CMake Error at C:/esp-adf/esp-idf/tools/cmake/component_utils.cmake:20 (message):
Required component audio_sal is not found in any of the provided
COMPONENT_DIRS
https://github.com/espressif/esp-adf/tr ... /audio_sal

AbdKarim

Postby AbdKarim » Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Update:

I got the problem. I had an other esp-idf version 4.0 and its "IDF_PATH" was used by the system. As i set the variable path correctly, I got it to work.

Thanks for your reply

dinesh_hops

Postby dinesh_hops » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:47 am

I am facing the same issue, can you please describe where and which variable you declared.

I tried it but not getting correct, please help,

Thank you in advance.

dinesh_hops

Postby dinesh_hops » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:40 am

Problem get solved in my case, as i properly manage the library extension in global environment of windows laptop.

Still I am facing issue of VScode in which i am not able to build the code using the vscode. Few days ago, when i did a setup i was able to do that in both the case with iDF and ADF.

Is there any way to solve its?