Pipeline and A2DP Sink Example

learningWithESP

Pipeline and A2DP Sink Example

Postby learningWithESP » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello. I am completely new to ESP 32 and hoping to eventually develop my own applications with an ESP32.
I am currently running the pipeline_a2dp_sink_and_hfp unmodified. I use bluetooth on my phone to connect to it. I expected to be able to play media audio (i.e. youtube, music player apps etc) as well as use the speakers to play phone calls.

I am using a Lyrat v4.3 board and have no problems playing media audio, however, when I am in normal cellular phone calls and force the phone to output to the ESP over bluetooth, I hear no sound from either ends of the call.

Have I miss understood how the example works? Is it possible to use the Lyrat as an output for normal phone calls?

thefury

Re: Pipeline and A2DP Sink Example

Postby thefury » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 pm

I had to check out an older version of esp-adf to get this to work.

Code: Select all

cd ~/esp/esp-adf
git checkout v2.0
git submodule update --recursive
(May require some additional git clean -ffd depending on which version you had checked out)

Exit the terminal (to clear any previous exports/python virtualenvs that were using a newer version of the toolchain)

Reinstall idf's tools using the submodule

Code: Select all

cd esp-idf
./install.sh
. export.sh
Hope this helps

hnt510

Re: Pipeline and A2DP Sink Example

Postby hnt510 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 pm

I flash the demo a2dp hfp sink program as you do.
In a2dp, I can hear the music without issues. However, when I switch to HFP, I can hear some clear popo noises, and the tone of the voice changed as well.
I suppose it has something to do with the DAC, since during the swithing from A2DP to HFP, the sample rate was changed from 44.1khz to 8khz. Has anyone else had same problem before?