ESP-Korvo_v1.1 card and latest ESP-ADF

Efix_To

ESP-Korvo_v1.1 card and latest ESP-ADF

Postby Efix_To » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi all,

I have to make a device similar to Alexa, but without connection to the cloud and voice recognition.
This device has to do two things: 1) capture the voice from the microphones with some algorithm such as MASE and send the audio stream to a server in the same subnet and 2) receive an audio stream from the same server and play it in the speaker.

For this purpose I bought one ESP32-KORVO_V1.1 because the microphones processing algorithms are inside SKAINET and the ESP32-KORVO_V1.1 card is recommended, but this card is not present among the cards available inside the latest ESP-ADF.
Also this card have hardware that is exatly what we need.

Skainet support ESP-IDF 3.3.2 while latest ESP-ADF support ESP-IDF 4.1

Now I do not understand if it is more correct to add Korvo v1.1 to the latest version of ESP-ADF to exploit the full potential of the ADF framework, and then try to add the audio algorithms for the microphones, or, starting from the speech recognition example, SR example has inside the Acoustic Algorithm part and I have to add everything else for the project, bearing in mind that in this case the ESP-IDF version is 3.3.1.

Any advice please?

Possibly, any advice on how to add Korvo v1.1 to the latest version of ESP-ADF?
Efix

Thank you for your reply