Several questions related to modifying pipelines and keeping bluetooth connected.

andrews

Several questions related to modifying pipelines and keeping bluetooth connected.

Postby andrews » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 pm

I am running a pipeline that outputs audio from spiffs to a wav decoder to a bluetooth speaker.

I want to keep the bluetooth speaker connection open for a long time, and when I am ready, send new sounds to the speaker. There might be long periods of time in which no sound is sent to the speaker.
  • How can I keep the bluetooth connection open for a long time - presumably by never allowing the pipeline to terminate?
  • So I am wondering - is it possible to modify a running pipeline?
  • Can I insert new audio elements into a running pipeline?
  • Can I replay part of a running pipeline? For example in my case I have a WAV file coming from spiffs which is then sent to the wav decoder then to the bluetooth speaker - is there a way to play this WAV again, without terminating the pipeline/breaking the bluetooth speaker connection?
What is the purpose of audio_pipeline_link_insert https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... t_handle_t I cannot find an example anywhere that shows its purpose.

thanks!