Internet Access

ChapsF

Internet Access

Postby ChapsF » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello, i'm having problem connecting external ip while using Mesh from a second layer.
The mesh network seam to work correctly, what i want is to get the dateTime from internet through NtpClient. When i get the time from the root it work, but it doesn't when trying to get it from a child node. Maybe i'm misunderstanding Mesh, i though i would be able to access internet from any node in the network while not changing the way i do it.
Could anyone point me to a good way to use NtpClient in a mesh network pls? Can anyone give me an exemple of how we should (for exemple) send a Get request and receive the answer from a node that is not root?

Thank you

ESP_yudong

Re: Internet Access

Postby ESP_yudong » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi ChapsF,
Non-root nodes do not have ip address and do not support TCP and UDP.
I think that's why NtpClient doesn't work.

ChapsF

Re: Internet Access

Postby ChapsF » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Hoo, ok... i though the main purpose of Mesh was to simulate this. Accordinately to this pictures : Image it seam that we can.
Then the Mesh is only* thing that manage "Who is connected to internet" and "give access from any node to the root"?
*[only] it's already something helpfull.

[EDIT] In fact in the picture we can see that in the "Root" the flow go through the application, soo yes we should do this ourself, thank you for your answer.