Max Mesh network size

eos1d3

Max Mesh network size

Postby eos1d3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:33 pm

As per the ESP Mesh document,
The size (total number of nodes) in an ESP-MESH network is dependent on the maximum number of layers permitted in the network, and the maximum number of downstream connections each node can have. Both of these variables can be configured to limit the size of the network.

There are:
a. maximum number of layers permitted in the network
b. maximum number of downstream connections each node can have

Does this mean a is always greater or equal to b? If not, what is b actually?

And what are the limitations for a and b?

If I use the mesh network in a very very long corridor, and all of nodes are connected as a straight line. For example, they are connected like this:

A <-> B <-> C <-> D <-> E <-> F ...

Is this possible? And what is the max number of layers for ESP32?

ESP_LBB

Re: Max Mesh network size

Postby ESP_LBB » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 am

Hi eos1d3,

a. in the common version that we released on github, the maximum layers should be 25 (maybe more now, don't check);
b. the maximum connection directly to a node is 10 (ESP32 hardware limits when it works as an AP), however we suggest to set it at 6.

for your application, we have another special version(not released on github yet), in that case we design to have hundreds even thousand layers, for each layer maybe only several nodes, this is designed for application like street light.

For the current test, I suggest you can use the common version for now, there won't be much modification between these two.

karlo.verde.13

Postby karlo.verde.13 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 am

ESP_LBB wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 am
we have another special version(not released on github yet), in that case we design to have hundreds even thousand layers, for each layer maybe only several nodes
That sounds great!!!
Is there any target date for its release??

Bartosz

Postby Bartosz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:12 am

karlo.verde.13 wrote:
ESP_LBB wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 am
we have another special version(not released on github yet), in that case we design to have hundreds even thousand layers, for each layer maybe only several nodes
That sounds great!!!
Is there any target date for its release??
I'm also very interested in that version. I've got an intelligent street light project that require many layers with 1 or 2 nodes. I've start tests with ESP32 MDF but I'm looking forward for dedicated version.

gustavtc

Postby gustavtc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:05 pm

I would also really like to know when this version will be available. Are we talking months or years?

assemabdelmoniem

Postby assemabdelmoniem » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi esp team ,
Is that version is reaslesd or not am also interested in it