Audio on Mesh (and use of esp-va-sdk)

iDrev89

Re: Audio on Mesh (and use of esp-va-sdk)

Postby iDrev89 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:01 am

ehabulhaq wrote: Hi All,

So finally to put down this question to rest. " is it possible to stream audio over esp mesh network?"

The answer is YES.

I was able to setup 2 nodes and one root. the root obtained a high quality audio stream ( 1.2 Mbps) from a tcp server and distributed it to all the nodes using multicast. All while playing music locally as well. I tested this on lyratd-dspg boards.

I created a custom mesh_stream service and used it esp_ADF audio element library.

Ehab

That's awesome! i'm very happy to read that. Can you provide the source code to get a better idea? Hope you can help me.

ehabulhaq

Postby ehabulhaq » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:34 am

I am sorry I cant provide my source code but I can share the concept.

I have tried to explain in my previous comment as much as I could. but I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

Best Regards
Ehab

simon.mark

Postby simon.mark » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:11 pm

ehabulhaq wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:21 am
Hi All,

So finally to put down this question to rest. " is it possible to stream audio over esp mesh network?"

The answer is YES.

I was able to setup 2 nodes and one root. the root obtained a high quality audio stream ( 1.2 Mbps) from a tcp server and distributed it to all the nodes using multicast. All while playing music locally as well. I tested this on lyratd-dspg boards.

I created a custom mesh_stream service and used it esp_ADF audio element library.

Ehab
Hi Ehab,

Is there any way you could explain to me how you did that?
Because I'm in, but I don't know how to implement it in the Arduino environment.

That would be a very big help for me!

Best Regards
Simon

Ovallepa

Postby Ovallepa » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:13 pm

Hi Ehab, you have done a good job. I am trying to send audio using a mesh network, I see that it has its difficulties, I use idf_esp with PlatformIO on Visual Studio Code. Could you give us details of how you created the mesh_stream service with the adf_esp library? It would be a great contribution.