Connect device with release v0.5 with master brach

pardmx

Connect device with release v0.5 with master brach

Postby pardmx » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello everyone, I have some ESP32 working in MESH with a firmware based in the release/v0.5 branch of ESP-MDF avaible in github
https://github.com/espressif/esp-mdf/tree/release/v0.5

Now I am trying to connect them with another module which have its firmware based in the new master branch (after refactoring) avaible in github repo, but when I configure de device, even if I use the same MESH ID it connects directly to the router ignoring the existing meshh network.

My question is:

Is there a way I can connect devices using the new versión of ESP-MDF to the ones which are using the old version?

Thanks for your help :?:

ESP_LBB

Re: Connect device with release v0.5 with master brach

Postby ESP_LBB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:45 am

Hi pardmx,

There is an update from IDF v3.1 to v3.2, that if IE encryption is enabled the v3.1 devices and v3.2 devices can't coexist in a same mesh network. We are working on this to find a solution. It will be good if you can update your old version devices to the v3.2.

pardmx

Postby pardmx » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 am

Thanks for the reply I will try to update my devices, the problem is that I have about 2000 with v3.1 everyone have OTA enable.
If I do the update sending the app.bin compiled with v3.2 through OTA what issues I could have? because the partition table is different from one version to another.

Thanks

ESP_LBB

Postby ESP_LBB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

Hi pardmx,

There should be no problem. You can try with small amount of devices first before upgrading all the devices. Please let us know if any issue occurs.