Broadcasting data to multiple(or all) nodes connected to root

KaranRaj

Broadcasting data to multiple(or all) nodes connected to root

Postby KaranRaj » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:57 am

Hi!

I want to try to broadcast the same data to all the nodes connected to the root node. The documentation says the "mwifi_root_write" API "Can send data to multiple devices at the same time". I understand the "dest_addrs_num" parameter is used to specify the number of nodes the root will send data to. But it is not clear as to how to specify the multiple destination addresses within the API. Can you please help me out with this?

Also, is there an easier way to send(broadcast) the data to all the nodes connected to the root?

Thanks,
Karan

pacucha42

Re: Broadcasting data to multiple(or all) nodes connected to root

Postby pacucha42 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi Karan,
please, check the code attached (examples\function_demo\mwifi) - hope this helps you with understanding multiple device addressing (which is pretty much the same for unicast and multicast). README.md in the example dir contains all initial info, further details are commented in the code.
The package attached contains whole MDF repo since we are currently working for updates which are not yet public.

Feel free to contact me if you have any issues with running the demo.

Best regards,
Martin
Attachments
esp-mdf-multicast_example.zip
(15.4 MiB) Downloaded 651 times

scruffynerf

Postby scruffynerf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:44 pm

With the above code, latest IDF checkout, and LyraT v4.3, if I set the example code to Writer, it booted up. If I set the example code to Reader, it repeatedly crashed and rebooted.

ESP_LBB

Postby ESP_LBB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi scruffynerf,

Sorry for the late reply, could you help provide the log if you can reproduce it ?